Re: Mechanical release for Nex etc

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28 5:14 PM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

      > På Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:24:14 +0200, skrev panovrx <panovrx@...>:
      >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <panovrx@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Shortly forthcoming is this solution to the lack of shutter socket on the Sony Nex etc - which are otherwise good cameras for mobile pano taking.
      > >> http://tempusall.bymac.org/
      > >> The Nex cameras have an IR release but that is hard to use from a distance and it has a long latency too.
      > >> This gadget is mainly an intervalometer but it has single shot remote release capability too it says.
      > >>
      > >> PeterM
      > >>
      > > It says on their site
      > > "Can
 also be used a
s a simple remote to trigger still single photos"
      > > but when I wrote to confirm this they said to add a socket for remote switching (and they would add, they said, a stronger servo) would be a $165 extra custom development. Which might be sort of ok I guess if you still got the intervalometer functionality.
      > >
      > > Peter
      >
      > Another option would be to buy a cheap servo tester and a RC servo, a small battery pack and some cable.
      > Like this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8296
      > Or buy a cheap RC car and go wireless?
      >
      > I use a "remote IR" cable. Bought a very cheap Chinese IR remote where I desoldered the LED, and soldered in a few meters of cable. Mounted the LED on a paperclip which easily mounts to the camera with some tape. Works like a charm :)
      > Most of the time I use an IR auto intervalometer from GentLed though, which also works great, mounted with Velcro..
      > These are on Olympus.
      >
      > --
      > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.

      On the Nex the IR remote is very slow to actuate the shutter especially in Continuous mode. I made a servo release for the Nex already but it is more bulky and klutzy looking than theirs
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc

      TempusAll wrote back (good at least with their email replies) and said they meant it can also work as a selftimer -- ie. not as a remote in the normal sense of the word
      >>TempusALL is to be used with any type of camera. Also manual cameras and Point&shoot cameras, that may not have internal timer, or the timer on the cameras is not just time enough. That is why we say you can use it as a normal remote. Its this case it works as a selftimer yes.

      About your second question: we would like to pack all funtionalities we can think of into one device, but we are limited by memory size on the chip.
      TempusALL is at its full capacity. So by creating this new Custom device for you, it just does not have memory to work as a normal TempusALL would.>>

      PeterM