Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Maybe there's a better projection than the gnomic projection for spherical panos?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2011
      Since equirectangular images are more or less the standard source
      image (from which cube faces are made) it's just a matter of projecting
      the equirectangular image in a slightly different way than the gnomic
      projection.

      Such an elliptical projection (or egg shaped projection) is probably
      in a book of map projections somewhere. If I knew what it was called,
      one could probably find it in Snyder's Map Projections.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._Snyder

      There's all kinds of projections in there....