Duck race in Timisoara

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 19, 2011
      Hi all, was a bit rainy and windy at the start, maybe is the way that ducks loves but the Sun was shining at the finish of the race.

      http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/?pano=002a&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00

      Available as red-cyan anaglyph as well, shoot with twin canon 350D + Sigma 8mm 3.5 on Fanotec Pole Series 2

      cheers,
      Dorin
      http://www.livepanoramas.com
    • dorindxn
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 19, 2011
        Sorry, the link for regular (non-anaglyph) is
        http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/?pano=002&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, was a bit rainy and windy at the start, maybe is the way that ducks loves but the Sun was shining at the finish of the race.
        >
        > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/?pano=002a&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00
        >
        > Available as red-cyan anaglyph as well, shoot with twin canon 350D + Sigma 8mm 3.5 on Fanotec Pole Series 2
        >
        > cheers,
        > Dorin
        > http://www.livepanoramas.com

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 19, 2011
          Hi,

          I saw one cube face load but after that it just kind of gives up.

          Same thing happened with another post you had on here although those 360 images and thumbnails did load eventually but took ages.

          I'm sure that they are excellent images but I fear that people will not hang around long enough waiting for the downloads?

          I'm in Canada if that helps.

          Andrew

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

          > Hi all, was a bit rainy and windy at the start, maybe is the way that ducks loves but the Sun was shining at the finish of the race.
          >
          > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/?pano=002a&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00
          >
          > Available as red-cyan anaglyph as well, shoot with twin canon 350D + Sigma 8mm 3.5 on Fanotec Pole Series 2
          >
          > cheers,
          > Dorin
          > http://www.livepanoramas.com

        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2011
            Hi Andrew,

            I temporarely uploaded that event on my dxn.ro web domain which might be better for outside of the country in terms of downloading, is that true from your end?

            http://www.dxn.ro/livepanoramas/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/index2.html?pano=002&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00
            and anaglyph
            http://www.dxn.ro/livepanoramas/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/index2.html?pano=002a&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00
            note that some links there might not work or point to the livepanoramas.com

            Thank you for the feedback!

            cheers,
            Dorin
            http://www.livepanoramas.com

            thanks for the feedback
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > I saw one cube face load but after that it just kind of gives up.
            >
            > Same thing happened with another post you had on here although those 360 images and thumbnails did load eventually but took ages.
            >
            > I'm sure that they are excellent images but I fear that people will not hang around long enough waiting for the downloads?
            >
            > I'm in Canada if that helps.
            >
            > Andrew
            >

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all, was a bit rainy and windy at the start, maybe is the way that ducks loves but the Sun was shining at the finish of the race.
            > >
            > > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/2011-bega-bulevard-2/?pano=002a&y=353.32&p=2.23&f=65.00
            > >
            > > Available as red-cyan anaglyph as well, shoot with twin canon 350D + Sigma 8mm 3.5 on Fanotec Pole Series 2
            > >
            > > cheers,
            > > Dorin
            > > http://www.livepanoramas.com

          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2011
              Hi Dorin,

              The pictures are excellent (I love 3d 360's) but it just the waiting for them to download that's a put off.

              I sit and look at the 'Start Loading' followed by the ....5/30.... etc and it's painfully slow to get to the completed stage. If you rotate too early it all goes black. My wife would give it 15 seconds max to download an image to look at and then swiftly move on if it didn't arrive.

              I have a good download speed and 3-4mb 360 shots or large torrent files come down no problem. I publish my 360 degree images at 2.7mb max.

              Perhaps someone else in this forum from another country could test it for you?

              Andrew
            • Bostjan Burger
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                It is same here in my place. I have 100 Mbps connection which is usually splitted to 50 or only 25 Mbps as my family is using the same broadband. It is not a problem to wait a sec or two for a 10 Mb VRPs but too fast moving causes black screens which becomes a bit annoying. Otherwise a good idea but should be with a faster server...I suppose.

                Bostjan

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                  Thank you Andrew,

                  I wanted to know if dxn.ro (hosted elswere) is better in download speed from outside, it appears is the same as livepanoramas.com hosted on my own computer.
                  Is no need for others to test.

                  I'll not enter into further details but only say that anaglyph has different color space in jpeg file than the regular photos in order to avoid ghosting, for that matter the compresion is no so effective and has a result much larger files.

                  My livepanoramas are larger due to the full overlapping and switching technique from the first place, if livepanoramas are also anaglyph the file is even larger (as pointted above)

                  If interest is shown I'll consider setting up a domain hosted in americas where to temporarily upload some 'editor picks' from these panoramas from time to time.

                  Doing livepanoramas as 3D too has become top priority for me now.
                  The pole used from Fanotec also allow me to combine with excellent result the 3D with height up to 6m with no problem.

                  I have a test showing both 3D and height from 1.5 m to 5.5m but is too large to be useful for you (them are stitchless panoramas with much larger vfov, with little blacks up/down), although here, in the country, are downloaded in seconds.

                  cheers
                  Dorin,
                  www.livepanoramas.com

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Dorin,
                  >
                  > The pictures are excellent (I love 3d 360's) but it just the waiting for them to download that's a put off.
                  >
                  > I sit and look at the 'Start Loading' followed by the ....5/30.... etc and it's painfully slow to get to the completed stage. If you rotate too early it all goes black. My wife would give it 15 seconds max to download an image to look at and then swiftly move on if it didn't arrive.
                  >
                  > I have a good download speed and 3-4mb 360 shots or large torrent files come down no problem. I publish my 360 degree images at 2.7mb max.
                  >
                  > Perhaps someone else in this forum from another country could test it for you?
                  >
                  > Andrew

                • dorindxn
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                    Thanks Bostjan,

                    It seem that you share the same connection as me, 100Mbs, but due to different countries, I think, there is no duplex 100Mbps inbetween the cities.

                    It should no be black screens once the tiles are complete downloaded, also you may notice that the livpanoramas are embedding some dynamics besides the true image, one can see 5000 ducks as them plunge into the river and then the swiming formation they take, as a matter of fact almost every moving thing is captured in 3 poses (that explain the larger size) so along with tollerance to the parallax (which allows the 3D) the dynamic of the scene is no more a problem, instead it can be even used as a creative tool.

                    BTW the pole test 1.5-5.5m + 3D I was reffering to Andrew is
                    http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/victory-pole
                    but may require to much download time as the tiles are 60 instead of 30

                    cheers,
                    Dorin
                    www.livepanoramas.com

                    > It is same here in my place. I have 100 Mbps connection which is usually splitted to 50 or only 25 Mbps as my family is using the same broadband. It is not a problem to wait a sec or two for a 10 Mb VRPs but too fast moving causes black screens which becomes a bit annoying. Otherwise a good idea but should be with a faster server...I suppose.
                    >
                    > Bostjan
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • dorindxn
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                      Hi Bostjan, me again, if you manage to see the pole test, I temporarily removed the nadir cap in the 1,5-5,5 m pole test to see much down there (to empty the browser cache might be needed), one may notice that the big pole also atracts girls, this seems to be one of sideresults of the tests as there is no girl on the bench right under the pole at 1.5 m and as much as 3 of them at 5.5m .. that's interesting :)

                      cheers,
                      Dorin
                      http://www.livepanoramas.com

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks Bostjan,
                      >
                      > It seem that you share the same connection as me, 100Mbs, but due to different countries, I think, there is no duplex 100Mbps inbetween the cities.
                      >
                      > It should no be black screens once the tiles are complete downloaded, also you may notice that the livpanoramas are embedding some dynamics besides the true image, one can see 5000 ducks as them plunge into the river and then the swiming formation they take, as a matter of fact almost every moving thing is captured in 3 poses (that explain the larger size) so along with tollerance to the parallax (which allows the 3D) the dynamic of the scene is no more a problem, instead it can be even used as a creative tool.
                      >
                      > BTW the pole test 1.5-5.5m + 3D I was reffering to Andrew is
                      > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/victory-pole
                      > but may require to much download time as the tiles are 60 instead of 30
                      >
                      > cheers,
                      > Dorin
                      > www.livepanoramas.com
                      >
                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > It is same here in my place. I have 100 Mbps connection which is usually splitted to 50 or only 25 Mbps as my family is using the same broadband. It is not a problem to wait a sec or two for a 10 Mb VRPs but too fast moving causes black screens which becomes a bit annoying. Otherwise a good idea but should be with a faster server...I suppose.
                      > >
                      > > Bostjan
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________

                    • Bostjan Burger
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                        I have tested the speed between my place - Ljubljana and to different towns in Romania. The connection is almost always ~ 100 Mbit download and a bit less for the upload. It seems that the internet connection inbetween the EU countries is excellent. It was a simple test with the: http://www.speedtest.net/%c2%a0where you can pick the connection to different locations ( I suppose that every one is familiar with this service). The connection to Paris or London was with same resoults so I suppose that internet connections inbetween locations in Europe are excellent. I had less speed to US (~ 80 Mbps) and to Hawaii only 7 Mbps (in a time of testing).

                        Bostjan

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                          If you meant: http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/victory-pole/%c2%a0... I needed about one minute too load all 60 "frames".

                          Bostjan

                          ________________________________
                          Hi Bostjan, me again, if you manage to see the pole test, I temporarily removed the nadir cap in the 1,5-5,5 m pole test to see much down there (to empty the browser cache might be needed), one may notice that the big pole also atracts girls, this seems to be one of sideresults of the tests as there is no girl on the bench right under the pole at 1.5 m and as much as 3 of them at 5.5m .. that's interesting :)

                          cheers,
                          Dorin
                          http://www.livepanoramas.com

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks Bostjan,
                          >
                          > It seem that you share the same connection as me, 100Mbs, but due to different countries, I think, there is no duplex 100Mbps inbetween the cities.
                          >
                          > It should no be black screens once the tiles are complete downloaded, also you may notice that the livpanoramas are embedding some dynamics besides the true image, one can see 5000 ducks as them plunge into the river and then the swiming formation they take, as a matter of fact almost every moving thing is captured in 3 poses (that explain the larger size) so along with tollerance to the parallax (which allows the 3D) the dynamic of the scene is no more a problem, instead it can be even used as a creative tool.
                          >
                          > BTW the pole test 1.5-5.5m + 3D I was reffering to Andrew is
                          > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/victory-pole
                          > but may require to much download time as the tiles are 60 instead of 30
                          >
                          > cheers,
                          > Dorin
                          > www.livepanoramas.com
                          >
                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > It is same here in my place. I have 100 Mbps connection which is usually splitted to 50 or only 25 Mbps as my family is using the same broadband. It is not a problem to wait a sec or two for a 10 Mb VRPs but too fast moving causes black screens which becomes a bit annoying. Otherwise a good idea but should be with a faster server...I suppose.
                          > >
                          > > Bostjan

                        • dorindxn
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 25, 2011
                            Thanks Bostjan, yes that is the link, thank you very much for the feedback, here is around 15-25 sec, deppending on city, the increased speed is due to the 100Mbps inbetween cities I previously reffered, but the size is too much for the internet even by my liking, the test was intended for CD/offline for some workshops I done.
                            For the internet I'm preparing a different set aslo with the stitched kind of panos (much lesser in size)

                            cheers,
                            Dorin
                            http://www.livepanoramas.com