Re: Cube Faces or Equis

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 5, 2011
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...> wrote:

      > Please correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know Pano2VR will always
      > remap equirectangular input to cube faces (tiles) for flash output. When
      > using cubes for input and the tile size is the same as the output size and
      > the image format is JPEG then the cube faces will be used as they are and no
      > conversion will be done.
      > Same is valid when using QTVR panos with single tiles as input, the 6 tiles
      > insides will be taken out of the QTVR and will be unmodified used for the
      > swf wrapper.

      No thats not correct.

      Because of the Pano2VR idea of overlapping pixels it always modifies the cubefaces to fit that.
      If I drop a 1600x1600 cubefaces movie on Pano2VR it converts that to 1594x1594 which I can confirm by exporting it to a new movie and import it into CubicConverter.

      Same with 1500x1500 which becomes 1498x1498.

      Of course the originals have no problems at all with the seems to fit.

      Hans

      > Wim

    • prague
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 15, 2011
        yeah, you can even crash your browser loading in all these zenith tiles. if you wanna try, go to the london pano, go to the zenith, and zoom in all the way :)

        future gigapixels will be cubic! no more equirects, thank goodness!

        Jeffrey