panoramic pinhole camera

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2011
      did no one really think of this before? :-) it looks awesome!

      http://diyphotography.net/build-a-35mm-panoramic-pinhole-camera

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2011
        The shutter speed is the problem. There's no advantage over a stitched
        scene, only losses. Though in the hands of artists all is trumped.

        Sacha Griffin
        http://www.seeit360.net
        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
        http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
        IM: sachagriffin007@...
        Office: 404-551-4275
        GV: 404-665-9990

        On Jun 4, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...> wrote:

        did no one really think of this before? :-) it looks awesome!

        http://diyphotography.net/build-a-35mm-panoramic-pinhole-camera

      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
          On Sat 04-Jun-2011 at 17:37 -0700, Jeffrey S. Martin wrote:
          > did no one really think of this before? :-) it looks awesome!
          >
          > http://diyphotography.net/build-a-35mm-panoramic-pinhole-camera

          There are even simpler 'tin can cameras' that produce an interesting
          non-cylindrical projection:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/denialpolez/5663222318
          http://www.flickr.com/groups/pinholecylindricalcancams/

          --
          Bruno
        • Carl von Einem
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
            Posted by: "Roger D Williams" on Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:38 pm ((PDT))

            > On Jun 7, 2011, at 2:49 AM, Carl von Einem <einem@...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > The most spectacular pin hole camera I ever saw was the one that Tim
            >> > Macmillan showed us in Bath : that cube with a pin hole in a corner of
            >> > the casing so that he could expose film on every cube face (here is a
            >> > cool video about some of his early work: <http://vimeo.com/6165108>).
            >> >
            > Astonishing link. Quite fascinating. A true "3D" experience frozen in time.
            > Thanks for the link, Carl!
            >
            > Roger

            Just imagine how fascinating it was to actually visit him at home in
            Bath during the 2006 panotools meeting. He's a real genius and a great
            artist! My personal favourite was a modified 6x7 cassette of his Mamiya
            RB 67 to capture (or better record) Slit-Scan images
            (<http://people.rit.edu/andpph/text-slit-scan.html>) on 220 film. He
            showed a lot of fascinating prints, one was recorded while walking
            through a park during a large picknick event. Macmillan naturally also
            built his own solution to enlarge a complete roll of 220 film which is
            about 150 cm long! I asked him about the number of films he "wasted" to
            get one satisfying result with this technique. He said 1 in 10 films was
            a success which I think is quite impressive. I'd definitely need a lot
            more film to play with...

            Tom, thanks for your link, very interesting!

            Carl
          • tom_a_sparks
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carl von Einem <einem@...> wrote:

              > Posted by: "Roger D Williams" on Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:38 pm ((PDT))

              > > Astonishing link. Quite fascinating. A true "3D" experience frozen in time.
              > > Thanks for the link, Carl!
              > >
              > > Roger
              I just wish somebody should reboot his small scale high speed objectVR photographing

              <sniped>

              > Tom, thanks for your link, very interesting!
              thats what I thought