Cube Faces or Equis

  • panobanano
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 3, 2011
      This is kinda' along the lines of the thread about the quest for effective hi res... but my brain got fried over there so starting more basic, is it better to feed into Pano2vr, KRPano, Fpp,etc, 6 cube faces or 1 equirectangular, then I guess with either the dimensions should be faithful to the "power of 2" convention? I have tried both ways with power of 2 and random dimension, cube and equis and I really don't see much difference am I missing something?
    • prague
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 15, 2011
        yeah, you can even crash your browser loading in all these zenith tiles. if you wanna try, go to the london pano, go to the zenith, and zoom in all the way :)

        future gigapixels will be cubic! no more equirects, thank goodness!

        Jeffrey