Re: smaller camera

  • Peter A. Schaible
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 2, 2011
      Echoing Roger. I absolutely love my Pentax K7. If you can still find
      one on a dealer's shelf, try it out. Why Pentax took it out of their
      product line I can't understand.

      It's smaller, easy to handle, lighter in weight than most, built like an
      armored car, and very weather-resistant. In my entire life, I have
      never been more satisfied with a purchase than I am with the K7.

      --
      --Peter

      Peter A. Schaible

    • Ken Warner
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 22, 2011
        The problem with adapters is that they need to match the optics
        of the host camera or there will be various kinds of distortions
        from vignetting to severe chromatic aberration to soft corners.

        If you are going for a compact plus wide or fisheye adapter,
        you will get the best results with adapters purpose built
        for that particular camera. The early Nikons like the 5400
        and 8400 worked well (for their day) with the Nikon fisheye adapters.

        So if you are getting a P7000, go to the Nikon web site
        and be sure it is compatible with the fisheye or wide
        angle adapter you use.

        Just selecting adapters because they are available is not
        necessarily going to give you good results.