Immersive Video ( cubic format )

  • Gill Peacegood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
      Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm quite new to all this.

      Does anyone know if there is any standard way of representing cubic panorama video and what viewers are available for such video?
    • Michael Rondinelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
        Hi Gill,

        Typically full spherical panoramic video is encoded in an equirectangular projection. I am aware of two good viewer options in Flash.

        Lucid Viewer has lots of bells and whistles. I believe it offers Flash 9, 10 and WebGL versions. A license is �300:
        http://www.lucid.it/

        We have an open source project (Creative Commons Share-Alike Non-Commercial) called Pantaloons. It's based on JWPlayer for Flash 10+. If you need a commercial license we can provide one for about $100:
        https://github.com/sditmore/Pantaloons

        Hope this helps.

        Michael Rondinelli
        Chief Technology Officer
        EyeSee360, Pittsburgh PA

      • Gill Peacegood
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
          On 01/06/2011 16:59, Michael Rondinelli wrote:
          > Hi Gill,
          >
          > Typically full spherical panoramic video is encoded in an equirectangular projection. I am aware of two good viewer options in Flash.
          >
          > Lucid Viewer has lots of bells and whistles. I believe it offers Flash 9, 10 and WebGL versions. A license is €300:
          > http://www.lucid.it/
          >
          > We have an open source project (Creative Commons Share-Alike Non-Commercial) called Pantaloons. It's based on JWPlayer for Flash 10+. If you need a commercial license we can provide one for about $100:
          > https://github.com/sditmore/Pantaloons
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >

          > Michael Rondinelli
          > Chief Technology Officer