Photofly - cloud processing of shots around a scene

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/photo_scene_editor/

      this Autodesk technology preview is free to use til the end of the year I think. You take a bunch of shots around an object, upload them, and some supercomputer (I presume) crunches them and sends you back very detailed looking models without too many holes. Like Photosynth can do but I think this might be better at capturing all around an object, and deriving fine 3d detail of surfaces.

      I wonder how far it is before we have the popular Flash pano viewers with hardware accelerated geometry support -- a couple of years I guess.

      PeterM
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        You might be a couple of years or so off the mark in your guesstimate, but
        this has already being looked into by my Proggy, and will be looked more
        into as time progresses.
        ... or maybe I am just off the mark by a couple of years :) In any case,
        this has been on my personal wishlist for panoramas for quite a long time.

        Trausti