Re: sky survey

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 12:43 PM
      Am 31.05.2011 18:32, schrieb Sacha Griffin:
      > How do you gather that I wonder?
      > I've compared many similar viewpoints and they aren't even close in
      > resolution...

      > http://www.seeit360.net/sky_survey.jpg

      Is this really the same region? I don't think...

      I zoomed to the center using the openzoom variant, which doesn't allow
      to zoom in as far as Axel's version. The "interactive" version does zoom
      in, but does not provide more detail. I must admit that the Horsehead
      nebula is better in the openzoom version but not in the "interactive"
      one. The Plejades are better in Axel's version.

      Look at some easy to recoginze spots like Andromeda nebula, the
      Magellanic Clouds or Polaris. Sky Survey has large blurred colorless
      blotches where Axel's version has colored dots. In those spots I
      mentioned both provide more or less the same amount of detail.

      > I'm pretty sure, you just need to wait for the appropriate resolution to
      > finish downloading.

      You can be sure I did wait ;-)

      > 'The sky survey one is superior in not only resolution but contrast as well.

      Contrast is post processing. Yes, that's better indeed. But Axel's
      version shows the star colors better.