360 by 360 Virtual Tours Under Heavy Attack

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30 4:26 PM
      I just got an e-mail from RTV 360º Tours about patent '4000.

      Although I am not associated with them, I still keep in contact
      because I am ready to launch VR panoramsas as part of my photography services
      and they could be a source for hosting. However, I am unclear about their processes..

      For the past two years I have been self educating myself in digital photography
      (have extensive film/darkroom experience,) photoshop and PtGui, plus other stuff.

      Anyhow, I thought I would inform you of the upcoming Webinar:

      http://www.virtualtourprovider.com/

      My only consideration about this is, Tour Technology Systems, LLC, could be, "anomalously" viewing.??

      Personally, after reading all the posts on '4000, Steve Jobs should rethink QTVR.
      Just a thought.
      Anyone know Steve Jobs and can get a message to him about '4000. ??
      Just another thought.

      Happy Memorial Day,

      Richard
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 4:42 PM
        Smiling, well groomed people wearing ties and jewelry always make
        me a little nervous.......

        Richard wrote:
        > I just got an e-mail from RTV 360º Tours about patent '4000.
        >
        > Although I am not associated with them, I still keep in contact
        > because I am ready to launch VR panoramsas as part of my photography services
        > and they could be a source for hosting. However, I am unclear about their processes..
        >
        > For the past two years I have been self educating myself in digital photography
        > (have extensive film/darkroom experience,) photoshop and PtGui, plus other stuff.
        >
        > Anyhow, I thought I would inform you of the upcoming Webinar:
        >
        > http://www.virtualtourprovider.com/
        >
        > My only consideration about this is, Tour Technology Systems, LLC, could be, "anomalously" viewing.??
        >
        > Personally, after reading all the posts on '4000, Steve Jobs should rethink QTVR.
        > Just a thought.
        > Anyone know Steve Jobs and can get a message to him about '4000. ??
        > Just another thought.
        >
        > Happy Memorial Day,
        >
        > Richard

      • rcgillespie
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 4:56 PM
          On May 30, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Ken Warner wrote:

          > Smiling, well groomed people wearing ties and jewelry always make
          > me a little nervous.......

          Well, I am well groomed, wear ties, when called for, and so are my
          clients, without jewelry!

          Richard

        • Greg Nuspel
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30 4:56 PM
            These attacks on tour creators by the Low Life Company (LLC) should be grounds for a class action lawsuit against them for misrepresentation of the patent. So I think it would be good for people to launch that against them for all damages and losses incurred including any projected income that was lost due to the slanderous nature of their pursuit of your clients.
            Just an idea from a hot head.
            --Greg

          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 8 , May 30 5:33 PM
              From the provided link: http://www.virtualtourprovider.com/ : Full *360 by
              360* virtual tours are being heavily attacked right now on the Internet.

              Fortunately I only use and provide solutions where images are 360x180
              degrees.

              ... jokes aside, this is an issue that needs to be removed for good, and the
              company/people behind the patent will hopefully get what they deserve at the
              end of the day.

              Trausti

            • tom_a_sparks
              Message 6 of 8 , May 30 6:15 PM
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Nuspel" <Greg.Nuspel@...> wrote:

                > These attacks on tour creators by the Low Life Company (LLC) should be grounds for a class action lawsuit against them for misrepresentation of the patent. So I think it would be good for people to launch that against them for all damages and losses incurred including any projected income that was lost due to the slanderous nature of their pursuit of your clients.
                > Just an idea from a hot head.
                > --Greg

                I just hope IVRPA spearheads this class action lawsuit

                tom
              • John Riley
                Message 7 of 8 , May 30 9:43 PM
                  On May 30, 2011, at 7:42 PM, Ken Warner wrote:

                  > Smiling, well groomed people wearing ties and jewelry always make
                  > me a little nervous.......

                  I LOLed! I think you would be very comfortable and relaxed around me and my slovenliness 8-)

                  John

                  John Riley
                  4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                  http://4pi-vr.com
                  johnriley@...
                  (h)864-461-3504
                  (c)864-431-7075
                  (w)864-503-5775

                • Scott Witte
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 1, 2011
                    IVRPA absolutely is spearheading the effort to deal with this. People
                    can find out more at our '400 patent page <http://ivrpa.org/patent> and
                    hopefully help in the effort however you can.

                    Scott
                    (for IVRPA)

                    --
                    Scott Witte