Re: Beautiful but please get rid of that awful interface....

  • Patrick Cheatham
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2011
      > > http://media.skysurvey.org/interactive360/index.html
      > >
      > > Other than the minor annoyance of a non-fluid pan, I don't find anything objectionable. The authors appear to be using krpano for the 360° tiled presentation ("multi-res"), as well. I thought they did a pretty good job packing a lot of visual information in there, and the interface is about as minimal as it gets.
      >
      > Well they just need to ad maxpixelzoom="1.0"
      >
      > Without that it is a PITA to zoom in and out.
      >
      > Hans

      I can see how not setting the maxpixelzoom might make the experience feel a bit unpolished, from an aesthetic perspective -- but a "pain in the ass"?

      ...I thought the double-click to zoom was a nice useful touch there, too. Overall I think it's a great high-profile example, which took a lot of work, and which raises awareness of photographic 360° panoramas. I congratulate Nick Risinger for it; anything else is just feels nitpicky.

      Cheers,

      Patrick
      --
      Patrick Cheatham