Lego gimbals for iPhone panoramas?

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2011
      I have been quite impressed with the way that the Photosynth app for iPhone and iPad can stitch a passable panorama from multiple shots. However, I do notice the stitching errors that come from not being able to hold the iDevice so that the lens is near enough to it's non-parallax point for each shot.

      I say "the lens" because the lenses are so small that just pivoting the device about its lens would probably be close enough to eliminate parallax from all but the closest objects. But the location of the lens is so near the corner of the device that it's quite hard to pivot/rotate manually.

      I was never a Lego boy... It was Meccano and Trix for me. But I wonder if a simple frame of Lego bricks and bearings could be made that would allow rotation about both of the required axes? I know we have some amazingly talented and knowledgeable Lego Users on the list.

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad