Full screen on loading

  • Robert Slade
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2011
      Hello,

      I have a client who wants their tour to open full screen on loading.

      I think it's a good way to annoy their website visitors ... what can I
      say to put them off this idea?

      Secondly, if they insist, is it possible to do this using Pano2VR? All
      of the tours have a full screen button, but they want the tour to load
      in full screen mode straight away.

      Any help appreciated!

      Regards,
      Rob

      --
      Robert Slade, Photographer
      Manor Photography 07890 564889
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2011
        I always was wondering why people are annoyed about that? as long as I have a tool to close it later it would be fine and very viewer friendly to know that they will see the full glory without pressing a button and never experience FULL screen

        I am sure Hans will support my opinion

        Willy

        On May 19, 2011, at 15:33, Robert Slade wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have a client who wants their tour to open full screen on loading.
        >
        > I think it's a good way to annoy their website visitors ... what can I
        > say to put them off this idea?
        >
        > Secondly, if they insist, is it possible to do this using Pano2VR? All
        > of the tours have a full screen button, but they want the tour to load
        > in full screen mode straight away.
        >
        > Any help appreciated!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Rob
        >
        > --
        > Robert Slade, Photographer
        > Manor Photography 07890 564889
        > http://www.manor-photography.com

      • Hans
        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

          > I always was wondering why people are annoyed about that? as long as I have a tool to close it later it would be fine and very viewer friendly to know that they will see the full glory without pressing a button and never experience FULL screen
          >
          > I am sure Hans will support my opinion
          >
          > Willy

          Not quite.Going true Flash fullscreen automatically when opening a webpage is for security reasons not possible and I do not like it either.
          You know they have to have time to read the page and even more important click the ads also.

          But it is no problem designing it so they are forced to go fullscreen to see the tour.

          Here is one . Enjoy Jook Leungs famous New Years panos at Times Square.
          http://www.panoramas.dk/New-Year/times-square.html

          I actually also just worked on some demos of simmilar kind to show clients how you can incorporate it in a webpage.
          http://www.360-foto.dk/sofia/

          It can easy be done bot with KRpano like I used or with FPP.

          I have not tried with Pano2VR as I do not use it.

          But Eric Leeman has some demos with Pano2VR

          Hans

          Message 4 of 6 , May 19, 2011
            Am 19.05.2011 15:33, schrieb Robert Slade:
            > Secondly, if they insist, is it possible to do this using Pano2VR? All
            > of the tours have a full screen button, but they want the tour to load
            > in full screen mode straight away.

            Erik Leeman found a way to do it. See
            http://www.erikleeman.com/HTM/DirectFullscreen-english-Tulips.htm
            f.e.

            BTW.: I don't like it either, especially not the way Erik did it. You
            click "open fullscreen", then a fullscreen static preview image is
            shown. You have to wait until the panorama loads. If you do anything
            with the computer (like moving the page to the background f.e.)
            fullscreen closes and you fall back to the previous (static) page. If
            you click on "open fullscreen" again later you might discover that the
            panorama is still loaded in the background but this isn't indicated. So
            a casual user needs to spend some time in front of the screen scratching
            his head since doing anything with the computer seems to stop loading....

            I think the way Jook did it is much better...

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 6 , May 19, 2011
              On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

              > Am 19.05.2011 15:33, schrieb Robert Slade:
              > > Secondly, if they insist, is it possible to do this using Pano2VR? All
              > > of the tours have a full screen button, but they want the tour to load
              > > in full screen mode straight away.
              >
              > Erik Leeman found a way to do it. See
              > http://www.erikleeman.com/HTM/DirectFullscreen-english-Tulips.htm
              > f.e.
              >
              > BTW.: I don't like it either, especially not the way Erik did it. You
              > click "open fullscreen", then a fullscreen static preview image is
              > shown. You have to wait until the panorama loads. If you do anything
              > with the computer (like moving the page to the background f.e.)
              > fullscreen closes and you fall back to the previous (static) page. If
              > you click on "open fullscreen" again later you might discover that the
              > panorama is still loaded in the background but this isn't indicated. So
              > a casual user needs to spend some time in front of the screen scratching
              > his head since doing anything with the computer seems to stop loading....
              >
              > I think the way Jook did it is much better...

              :-)
              Erik,
              Was not Jook ... Was Hans Nyberg who did it with Jook's panos

              best
              AYRTON

              > --
              > Erik Krause
              > http://www.erik-krause.de

              + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
              + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
              http://ayrton360.com
              twitter.com/ayrton360

            • A Kielcz
              Message 6 of 6 , May 19, 2011
                takes a long time to load on 4 core 2600k running at 4.5 GHZ and 460 GTX

                A Kielcz

                Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.