Re: gigapixel image with PTGui Pro

  • pedro_silva58
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2011
      greetings!

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <rcgvt@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your info.
      > Just a couple questions?
      >
      > > Next is to support PTgui by setting up the panorama in rows with the yaw and pitch you shot it in.>
      >
      > Do you mean make panoramas of each row shot and then stitch the rows together?

      i don't think that's what was meant, rather...
      repeat
      - select the images that form one row, and spread them horizontally using "fill yaw" in the "image parameters" tab, as closely to the actual shooting pattern as reasonably possible.
      - set approximate pitch for that row, using the grid (there's no rectangular interface for this, unfortunately).
      until all rows done.

      > <And you should ad the lens settings for your images before you let PTgui run the auto controlpoints. If you do mot know them just choose 3 images and make a stitch with them to get your lens corrections.>
      >
      > I did this, but I get different lens setting reads, when I select other "three images" from my images and stitch them together. Dose it matter which settings I use for a, b c?

      it shouldn't matter much, as long as the control points (cps) are accurately positioned, and cover the whole image overlap. for this purpose, it is best not to rely on the automatic cp generator, but to add the cps by hand.

      that said, since you have 300+ images i suppose you're not using an extreme wide angle. i'm not sure that having good lens settings is really critical for cp generation in this case. 3 images are not enough to get a good fov, anyway...

      hts.
      cheers,
      pedro