Ot/ panoramas for ipad

  • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 10:46 AM
      Hi everyone!
      I'm programing a virtual tour for the iPad and my cliente wants to
      have an app downloadable versión.
      Does anybody know if this is possible?

      Thanks in advance

      --
      L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
      felipe@...

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 12:11 PM
        Good question.

        An easy way would be to take the physorg.com approach.

        It’s a downloadable app.. but as far as I can tell, it’s just a web browser
        pointing to a link.

        So you could do the same by making a standard krpano tour and just touching
        the surface of whatever people use to make real apps.

        So far, I haven’t seen anything app wise come close to the possibilities
        that krpano offers already in a browser.

        Sacha Griffin

        <http://www.seeit360.net/> http://www.seeit360.net

        <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/

        IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        GV: 404-665-9990

        I'm programing a virtual tour for the iPad and my cliente wants to
        have an app downloadable versión.
        Does anybody know if this is possible?

        Thanks in advance

        --
        L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
        felipe@... <mailto:felipe%40fpk.com.mx>
        1998-5246
        www.fpk.com.mx

      • Hans
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 12:32 PM

          > Good question.
          >
          > An easy way would be to take the physorg.com approach.
          >
          > It's a downloadable app.. but as far as I can tell, it's just a web browser
          > pointing to a link.
          >
          > So you could do the same by making a standard krpano tour and just touching
          > the surface of whatever people use to make real apps.
          >
          > So far, I haven't seen anything app wise come close to the possibilities
          > that krpano offers already in a browser.

          As far as I know it should be possible to use KRpano inside an app.

          Using this kit it should work but I have not at all looked further in it.

          http://www.nimblekit.com/index.php

          Someone asked on the KRpano forum if it was allowed within the license and Klaus said that was no problem.

          Hans

          > Sacha Griffin

          > <http://www.seeit360.net/> http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
          >
          > <http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/> http://www.facebook.com/panoramas/
          >
          > IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...
          >
          > Office: 404-551-4275
          >
          > GV: 404-665-9990

        • Roger Howard
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5 12:57 PM
            On May 5, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Hans wrote:

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Good question.
            > >
            > > An easy way would be to take the physorg.com approach.
            > >
            > > It's a downloadable app.. but as far as I can tell, it's just a web browser
            > > pointing to a link.
            > >
            > > So you could do the same by making a standard krpano tour and just touching
            > > the surface of whatever people use to make real apps.
            > >
            > > So far, I haven't seen anything app wise come close to the possibilities
            > > that krpano offers already in a browser.
            >
            > As far as I know it should be possible to use KRpano inside an app.
            >
            > Using this kit it should work but I have not at all looked further in it.
            >
            > http://www.nimblekit.com/index.php
            >
            > Someone asked on the KRpano forum if it was allowed within the license and Klaus said that was no problem.

            One note - untested with this solution... the major MobileSafari JavaScript performance changes rolled out in 4.3 (referred to as the Nitro engine), I believe, won't be fully realized - you'll get JavaScript performance on par with Mobile Safari in iOS 4.2. Just a note though... I believe KRPano's performance was already pretty good in iOS 4.2 - just don't expect it to get much better, or to be on par with the same pano in Mobile Safari 4.3

            Not trying to start another iOS flamewar here, just pointing this out so expectations are correct. The issue is primarily a security issue - Safari's Nitro engine has been given an exception to iOS's memory sandboxing in order to give the JavaScript compiler must faster memory access, but this exception is not made for third-party apps. So in many cases, the same JavaScript code will run faster in Safari than in other apps using WebKit.