Re: The new DPP 3.10.1.0 has some new features regarding fish eye's

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2011
      Oh no! this is a bad update for me, I'm no more able to correct CA of Sigma 8mm on Canon 350D, the last update working in this respect is DPP 3.9.4.0
      So I'guess I'll stick with that one and/or try to have them both somehow..

      cheers,
      Dorin
      www.livepanoramas.com

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

      > They not speciffy CA but maybe some Canon 15mm FE user can check this out.
      >
      > cheers,
      > Dorin
      > www.livepanoramas.com

    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2011
        dorindxn wrote:
        > ...this is a bad update for me, I'm no more able to correct CA of Sigma
        > 8mm on Canon 350D, the last update working in this respect is DPP 3.9.4.0
        > So I'guess I'll stick with that one and/or try to have them both
        > somehow....

        Hi Dorin,

        With the latest DPP Canon also closed the borders for the Tokina 10-17mm
        lens so just like you I have to stick to DPP 3.9.4 otherwise I can't correct
        my Canon 5D RAW images for CA and vignetting.

        Wim

      • David
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2011
          How did you get any version of DPP to work with a non-Canon lens? Are there particular lenses or version that do (did) work together for some reason?

          I'd most like to get it to work for the Samyang 8mm. I still don't have a good CA correction step in my work flow without adding additional tools, and I have too many steps already.

          Thanks.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

          > They not speciffy CA but maybe some Canon 15mm FE user can check this out.
          >
          > cheers,
          > Dorin
          > www.livepanoramas.com

        • dorindxn
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2011
            I can speak for sure for my Camera, Canon 350D, the RAWs must be patched with exiftool(gui) changing the lens type with a supported Canon lens one, that does the trick.

            I'm currently using Sigma 8mm on Canon 350D with CA corrected with DPP, at http://www.livepanoramas.com, but note that apply for the second edition, several hours later, the live edition (i.e. available online coiple of minutes after the shoot are CA corected with PTLens as I'm using jpegs for that one due to needed speed, otherwise RAWs induces around 10 minute delay/each pano on my notebook on the field)
            If you preffer to look to the stitched kind instead of live (stitchless) here are some links panos made with Sigma 8mm CA corrected with DPP

            http://livepanoramas.dyndns.org/dorin/Continental3/piscina_35.html
            http://livepanoramas.dyndns.org/dorin/dxn_pano/ColtDeRaiP01/pano_flash.html
            http://livepanoramas.dyndns.org/dorin/dxn_pano/DaciiLiberiP01/pano_flash.html
            http://livepanoramas.dyndns.org/dorin/dxn_pano/DaciiLiberiP04/pano_flash.html
            more at http://www.dxn.ro

            cheers,
            Dorin
            http://www.livepanoramas.com

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dburton97128@...> wrote:

            > How did you get any version of DPP to work with a non-Canon lens? Are there particular lenses or version that do (did) work together for some reason?
            >
            > I'd most like to get it to work for the Samyang 8mm. I still don't have a good CA correction step in my work flow without adding additional tools, and I have too many steps already.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
            > >
            > > They not speciffy CA but maybe some Canon 15mm FE user can check this out.
            > >
            > > cheers,
            > > Dorin
            > > www.livepanoramas.com

          • David
            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2011
              What do you put in for the lens and focal length for your 8mm Sigma? I'm using an 8mm Samyang, but whatever you are using should probably be the closest for this lens as well.

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 6, 2011
                I only change the lens type to Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, the focal length remain unchanged, at 8mm, along with all the other data as well.

                Again Canon 350D + Sigma 8mm, for the Samyang 8mm you should try different types and values for CA in DPP and judge for your self the effectivness of the CA correction, before, 1-2 year ago or so, I used other lens type, don't recall now which one as is not important, but now I have better results with type as 10-22mm.
                It worth trying as the price of DPP is good :) and the patching in exiftoolgui can be done in batch up to 1000 RAWs or so (over 1000 it gives 'out of grid', some gui error/bug) patching is fast on fast HDD drives.