Re: ivrpa patent fund

    Message 1 of 79 , May 1, 2011
      Am 01.05.2011 20:52, schrieb Matthew Rogers - 360Precision:
      > What becomes difficult is providing the correct prior-art to debunk
      > the patent. Simply coughing up QTVR images from 1995 proves nothing.
      > What you need is interface examples and applications proving the
      > existence of multi-band blending and error corrected blending.
      > Thinking back to 2001 the only blending I can remember for spherical
      > output was basic feather blending and pixel value averaging.

      The Burt-Adelson multi resolution blending algorithm on which enblend
      and enfuse base was published in 1983. References on how to find the
      transition line are from 1998 and 2000. See details on
      http://enblend.sourceforge.net/details.htm

    • djaurand
      Message 79 of 79 , May 5, 2011
        Scott
        Henry mentioned he hasn't heard from Handal in a little while after just a token effort disputing his claims

        And I was thinking the letter from one of IVRPA's attorneys working on this might provide a little comfort to our customers, the ones being being theatened, being from an....attorney with a different view

        You guys are playing for the long game, but there's a short game too

        Like keeping customers and getting more business

        Doug Aurand