Re: [PanoToolsNG] ivrpa patent fund

  • Scott Witte
    Message 1 of 79 , May 1, 2011
      Mathew,

      You have obviously spent a lot of time pouring over this patent, which
      is appreciated. You have your interpretation but as you can see from
      discussions here (not just with me) those interpretations are anything
      but certain no matter how sure you may be of them yourself. None of us
      are patent lawyers, although David clearly has the most real world
      experience with patents. Personally, I'm more willing to go with the
      studied opinion of well respected patent lawyers than anyone here,
      including my own.

      You continually suggest better, cheaper solutions like an informative
      website and a form letter from a lawyer. All this has been thoroughly
      evaluated and often tested, such as the lawyer letter. It doesn't work
      nearly as well as you think or as we hoped. No matter how reasonable,
      logical or obvious the alternatives may seem, the real world experience
      demonstrates that. One reason it took so long getting to this point was
      because of our due diligence exploring the alternatives.

      You still seem to think we are making some uninformed knee jerk
      decisions without considering alternatives. I hoped my and other's
      contributions would have demonstrated the contrary. I'm sorry it hasn't,
      but I'm getting the impression there may be nothing that can convince
      you otherwise. Is that correct?

      Regarding the single fisheye video surveillance, you are probably right.
      It apparently was two fisheyes and mentioned as an application so it may
      not have much applicability to the iPix patent I was thinking of. (It
      has been nearly a year since I read this through myself.)

      In the end, arguing the merits of the patent is counter productive. It
      is how the patent is being used and the effect that is having and will
      continue to have on our industry and incomes that matter. That is why it
      needs to be dealt with.

      --
      Scott Witte

      <http://www.scottwitte.com>
      <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
      414.345.9660
      Member, IVRPA

    • djaurand
      Message 79 of 79 , May 5, 2011
        Scott
        Henry mentioned he hasn't heard from Handal in a little while after just a token effort disputing his claims

        And I was thinking the letter from one of IVRPA's attorneys working on this might provide a little comfort to our customers, the ones being being theatened, being from an....attorney with a different view

        You guys are playing for the long game, but there's a short game too

        Like keeping customers and getting more business

        Doug Aurand