Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Join with IVRPA to Save 360 VR Photography!

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 53 , May 1, 2011
      Hi all

      Sorry for jumping in this discussion so late, but I did not have time any
      sooner. Note: The following remarks represent not an official, but my own
      personal opinion.

      Scott is not at all acting on his own or making this up. His is taking care
      of this on behalf of the board of directors of the Internatioal VR
      Photography Association (IVRPA). This includes among Scott also G. Donald
      Bain, Willy Kaemena, Carlos Chegado, Jürgen Schrader, Jan van der Woning and
      me, Matthias Taugwalder. See http://ivrpa.org/about/bod

      Although the patent is valid only in certain parts of the US (ask Scott for
      details), we felt that there is a need to support the affected
      photographers. As Scott already pointed out the main problem is that client
      with VR tours on their websites get these cease and desist letters. Then
      even pay the requested fee or remove the tours from their website.

      Yes, the patent is ridiculous - we don't have to discuss that. But it
      somehow got approved, those letters are sent to clients and this is
      affecting photographers in the US right now. Our intention is to show some
      solidary with them and help to get rid of this patent.

      Of course, if you have another opinion about this topic, feel free to post
      it here in a objective and decent way - or just overread this thread. We
      don't force anyone to participate.

      Thank you very much to all that support our intentions and of course to
      Scott for his continuous work on this topic.

      Have a nice weekend and greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias Taugwalder
      President of the International VR Photography Association (IVRPA)

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

    • Matthias Taugwalder