Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Micro animations

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2011
      That's fascinating.

      Game technologie is actually making a round trip with all this VR stuff in movie production now. In fact, I have a few other semi-interactive VR pieces, derived from panos and video inserts.

      With semi-interactive I mean, it's not prepared for the web but rather for an on-stage live recording. Sort of like the virtual set in a weather studio: a gyro sits on the camera, and a secondary webcam is looking at tracking marks. Focus and zoom have snap-on sensors, as well. All that is realtime connected to a box with the VR engine running. It can deal with 4 HD video streams, and that can even be cut up and cloned in the 3d world. In one extreme case I had production shoot 20 audience members, then make 400 out of them, in a giant gladiator arena. The show just aired last week, so I guess it's not a secret anymore... already showed up on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyPJp65jwTQ

      Blochi