Re: ivrpa patent fund

  • Ben Kreunen
    Message 1 of 79 , May 1 1:09 AM
      I think my favourite item that I've seen on this is the summaries over on Apple from a couple of years back.

      http://lists.apple.com/archives/quicktime-vr/2010/Aug/msg00005.html

      At least IPIX produced something, TTS don't even seem to have a website?

      This has very little to do with panoramic photography, it's all about extorting money via crappy US patents. We've been there before, and even if this goes away there'll be another one later on.

      Perhaps you should be going after the US Patent Office for not exercising due diligence in issuing patents? ... Loss of income pertaining to spurious patent claims?... or push for making it illegal to selectively target individuals for patent infringements WHILST ignoring large companies who do exactly the same thing?
    • djaurand
      Message 79 of 79 , May 5 6:07 PM
        Scott
        Henry mentioned he hasn't heard from Handal in a little while after just a token effort disputing his claims

        And I was thinking the letter from one of IVRPA's attorneys working on this might provide a little comfort to our customers, the ones being being theatened, being from an....attorney with a different view

        You guys are playing for the long game, but there's a short game too

        Like keeping customers and getting more business

        Doug Aurand