Re: Join with IVRPA to Save 360 VR Photography!

  • Run
    Message 1 of 53 , Apr 30, 2011
      This is interesting http://tourtechnologysystems.com/

      Visit AboutUs.org for more information about TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM
      AboutUs: TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM

      Registrant:
      Tour Technology Systems LLc
      ATTN TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM
      care of Network Solutions
      PO Box 459
      Drums, PA 18222
      US

      Domain Name: TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM

      Administrative Contact :
      Tour Technology Systems LLc
      ag4pc8de9sn@...
      ATTN TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM
      care of Network Solutions
      PO Box 459
      Drums, PA 18222
      US
      Phone: 570-708-8780

      Technical Contact :
      Tour Technology Systems LLc
      ag4pc8de9sn@...
      ATTN TOURTECHNOLOGYSYSTEMS.COM
      care of Network Solutions
      PO Box 459
      Drums, PA 18222
      US
      Phone: 570-708-8780

      Record expires on 26-Oct-2012
      Record created on 26-Oct-2010
      Database last updated on 23-Nov-2010

      Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

      NS65.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.33
      NS66.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.33

      Rick

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andras Frenyo <andras@...> wrote:

      > something i came across:
      > http://colettelane.com/#portfolio
      > look in the bottom row
      >
      > not sure of the importance/relevance, but the stitcher's gui is something we haven;t seen, and the date of the design makes it current .
      >
      > -andras
      > http://panroamablog.com

    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 53 of 53 , May 1, 2011
        Hi all

        Sorry for jumping in this discussion so late, but I did not have time any
        sooner. Note: The following remarks represent not an official, but my own
        personal opinion.

        Scott is not at all acting on his own or making this up. His is taking care
        of this on behalf of the board of directors of the Internatioal VR
        Photography Association (IVRPA). This includes among Scott also G. Donald
        Bain, Willy Kaemena, Carlos Chegado, J├╝rgen Schrader, Jan van der Woning and
        me, Matthias Taugwalder. See http://ivrpa.org/about/bod

        Although the patent is valid only in certain parts of the US (ask Scott for
        details), we felt that there is a need to support the affected
        photographers. As Scott already pointed out the main problem is that client
        with VR tours on their websites get these cease and desist letters. Then
        even pay the requested fee or remove the tours from their website.

        Yes, the patent is ridiculous - we don't have to discuss that. But it
        somehow got approved, those letters are sent to clients and this is
        affecting photographers in the US right now. Our intention is to show some
        solidary with them and help to get rid of this patent.

        Of course, if you have another opinion about this topic, feel free to post
        it here in a objective and decent way - or just overread this thread. We
        don't force anyone to participate.

        Thank you very much to all that support our intentions and of course to
        Scott for his continuous work on this topic.

        Have a nice weekend and greetings from Switzerland,

        Matthias Taugwalder
        President of the International VR Photography Association (IVRPA)

        --
        Matthias Taugwalder
        matthias.taugwalder@...