Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Gigapixel from the wedding

Expand Messages
  • HenryStuart
    ... Thank you very much Jürgen! Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though. All the best, Henry -
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      jrgen_schrader wrote:
      >
      > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
      > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
      >
      > For those who haven't seen it yet:
      >
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
      >
      >
      > Enjoy
      > Jürgen
      >

      Thank you very much Jürgen!

      Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

      All the best,

      Henry - http://www.sphericalimages.com--
      View this message in context: http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/Gigapixel-from-the-wedding-tp3486369p3486383.html
      Sent from the PanoToolsNG mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
    • Christian Bloch
      supercool! Excellent vantage point. The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        supercool! Excellent vantage point.

        The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)

        How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?

        Blochi


        On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:

        > Thank you very much Jürgen!
        >
        > Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Run
        Fantastic job!!! Rick
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Fantastic job!!!


          Rick



          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:
          >
          > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
          > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
          >
          > For those who haven't seen it yet:
          >
          > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
          >
          >
          > Enjoy
          > Jürgen
          >
        • Hans
          ... It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now. Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            > Fantastic job!!!
            >
            >
            > Rick
            >
            >
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
            > >
            > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
            > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
            > >
            > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
            > >
            > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
            > >

            It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.

            Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
            http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/

            Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
            http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/

            http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/

            And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
            http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html

            I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.

            Hans
          • jrgen_schrader
            Haha, isn t this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills? (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment to stabilize his camera on
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              Haha,

              isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
              (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
              to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)

              The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.

              Jürgen



              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > > Fantastic job!!!
              > >
              > >
              > > Rick
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
              > > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
              > > >
              > > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
              > > >
              > > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
              > > >
              >
              > It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
              >
              > Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
              > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
              >
              > Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
              > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
              >
              > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
              >
              > And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
              > http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
              >
              > I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
              >
              > Hans
              >
            • Hans
              ... Looks lik him. But Blick has 2 more. It just says from Getty
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:
                >
                > Haha,
                >
                > isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                > (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                > to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)


                Looks lik him.
                But Blick has 2 more. It just says from Getty
                http://www.blick.ch/home/interaktiv/panorama_bilder/ein-exklusiver-blick-auf-das-traumhochzeit-171542

                Hans

                >
                > The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.
                >
                > Jürgen
                >
                >
                >
                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Hans" <hans@> wrote:
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > Fantastic job!!!
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > Rick
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >
                > > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                > > > >
                > > > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
                > > > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
                > > > >
                > > > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
                > > > >
                > > > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
                > > > >
                > >
                > > It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
                > >
                > > Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
                > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
                > >
                > > Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
                > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
                > >
                > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
                > >
                > > And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
                > > http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
                > >
                > > I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
                > >
                > > Hans
                > >
                >
              • HenryStuart
                This shot is 7 rows and 27 columns, shot over an hour of people leaving for the Abbey or the national anthem or the procession itself. I also had a second
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  This shot is 7 rows and 27 columns, shot over an hour of people leaving for the Abbey or the national anthem or the procession itself. I also had a second camera that I used to capture particular areas of detail.

                  All Nikon, D300 and D700 with 70-200mm VR lenses...

                  Henry Stuart

                  Director


                  Tel: +44(0)20 3539 0707
                  Mob: +44(0)7976 949 766
                  Web: www.sphericalimages.com
                  Twitter: @SPHERICALimages

                  Company No: 5813232


                  On 30 Apr 2011, at 20:39, Christian Bloch-2[via PanoToolsNG] wrote:

                  > supercool! Excellent vantage point.
                  >
                  > The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)
                  >
                  > How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?
                  >
                  > Blochi
                  >
                  >
                  > On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thank you very much Jürgen!
                  > >
                  > > Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
                  > http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/Gigapixel-from-the-wedding-tp3486369p3486445.html
                  > To unsubscribe from Gigapixel from the wedding, click here.

                  --
                  View this message in context: http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/Gigapixel-from-the-wedding-tp3486369p3486697.html
                  Sent from the PanoToolsNG mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Matthias Taugwalder
                  2011/4/30 jrgen_schrader ... You got me. Seems like you can t even go to a wedding without beeing disturbed ;) Fun aside: I was
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    2011/4/30 jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>

                    > Haha,
                    >
                    > isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                    > (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                    > to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)
                    >
                    > The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if
                    > it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a
                    > unique vantage point.
                    >
                    > Jürgen
                    >

                    You got me. Seems like you can't even go to a wedding without beeing
                    disturbed ;)

                    Fun aside: I was shooting exclusively for the collection magazine, see
                    http://www.the-collection-magazine.com/ . There will be an update available
                    about the wedding by today/tomorrow that includes two panoramas. I did also
                    one very close to the balcony in front of Buckingham Palace.


                    Matthias

                    --
                    Matthias Taugwalder
                    matthias.taugwalder@...


                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • jrgen_schrader
                    LOL, so next time you want to hide better use a mirror ball and especially avoid Dyneema loops and Karabiners ^^
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      LOL, so next time you want to hide better use a mirror ball and especially avoid Dyneema loops and Karabiners ^^



                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Matthias Taugwalder <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > 2011/4/30 jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>
                      >
                      > > Haha,
                      > >
                      > > isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                      > > (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                      > > to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)
                      > >
                      > > The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if
                      > > it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a
                      > > unique vantage point.
                      > >
                      > > Jürgen
                      > >
                      >
                      > You got me. Seems like you can't even go to a wedding without beeing
                      > disturbed ;)
                      >
                      > Fun aside: I was shooting exclusively for the collection magazine, see
                      > http://www.the-collection-magazine.com/ . There will be an update available
                      > about the wedding by today/tomorrow that includes two panoramas. I did also
                      > one very close to the balcony in front of Buckingham Palace.
                      >
                      >
                      > Matthias
                      >
                      > --
                      > Matthias Taugwalder
                      > matthias.taugwalder@...
                      >
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.