Gigapixel from the wedding

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
      By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
      Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.

      For those who haven't seen it yet:

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

      Enjoy
      Jürgen
    • HenryStuart
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
        jrgen_schrader wrote:

        > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
        > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
        >
        > For those who haven't seen it yet:
        >
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
        >

        > Enjoy
        > Jürgen

        Thank you very much Jürgen!

        Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

        All the best,

        Henry - http://www.sphericalimages.com--
      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
          supercool! Excellent vantage point.

          The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)

          How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?

          Blochi

          On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:

          > Thank you very much Jürgen!
          >
          > Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

        • Run
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
            Fantastic job!!!

            Rick

            > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
            > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
            >
            > For those who haven't seen it yet:
            >
            > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
            >

            > Enjoy
            > Jürgen

          • Hans
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@...> wrote:

              > Fantastic job!!!
              >

              > Rick
              >

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
              > >
              > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
              > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
              > >
              > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
              > >
              > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114

              It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.

              Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
              http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/

              Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
              http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/

              http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/

              And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
              http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html

              I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.

              Hans
            • jrgen_schrader
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
                Haha,

                isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)

                The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.

                Jürgen

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
                > >

                > > Fantastic job!!!
                > >

                > > Rick
                > >

                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > By Henry Stuart for the BBC.
                > > > Congratulations, Henry, excellent work.
                > > >
                > > > For those who haven't seen it yet:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13200114
                > > >

                > It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
                >
                > Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
                > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
                >
                > Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
                > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
                >
                > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
                >
                > And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
                > http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
                >
                > I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
                >
                > Hans

              • Hans
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011

                  > Haha,
                  >
                  > isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                  > (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                  > to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)

                  Looks lik him.
                  But Blick has 2 more. It just says from Getty
                  http://www.blick.ch/home/interaktiv/panorama_bilder/ein-exklusiver-blick-auf-das-traumhochzeit-171542

                  Hans

                  > The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a unique vantage point.
                  >
                  > Jürgen

                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Run" <runu4@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Fantastic job!!!
                  > > >

                  > > > Rick

                  > > It looks like you can begin and sell panoramas from these events now.
                  > >
                  > > Here is what our old friend Douglas Cape has done for Getty Images.
                  > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430673/panorama-abbey-arrival/1/
                  > >
                  > > Also Tom Mills has done some for Getty
                  > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430670/panorama-balcony-kiss/1/
                  > >
                  > > http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/20110430672/panorama-photo-procession/1/
                  > >
                  > > And AP also have tried a giga with not as good results.
                  > > http://azstarnet.com/entertainment/people/celebrity-news/html_690014e6-729c-11e0-9212-001cc4c002e0.html
                  > >
                  > > I am just still waiting for what Torsten has done.
                  > >
                  > > Hans

                • HenryStuart
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 30, 2011
                    This shot is 7 rows and 27 columns, shot over an hour of people leaving for the Abbey or the national anthem or the procession itself. I also had a second camera that I used to capture particular areas of detail.

                    All Nikon, D300 and D700 with 70-200mm VR lenses...

                    Henry Stuart

                    Director

                    Tel: +44(0)20 3539 0707
                    Mob: +44(0)7976 949 766
                    Web: www.sphericalimages.com
                    Twitter: @SPHERICALimages

                    Company No: 5813232

                    On 30 Apr 2011, at 20:39, Christian Bloch-2[via PanoToolsNG] wrote:

                    > supercool! Excellent vantage point.
                    >
                    > The media booths are interesting, for a second I was wondering "Why is nobody paying attention, the royals are right there..", but then I realized that it must have taken you some time to shoot all these pictures ;)
                    >
                    > How many rows/columns are this, and how long did it take you? Can you tell us some more about your setup?
                    >
                    > Blochi
                    >

                    > On Apr 30, 2011, at 11:59 AM, HenryStuart wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thank you very much Jürgen!
                    > >
                    > > Was a real pig to put together, really pleased with how it came out though.

                    > http://panotoolsng.586017.n4.nabble.com/Gigapixel-from-the-wedding-tp3486369p3486445.html
                    > To unsubscribe from Gigapixel from the wedding, click here.

                  • Matthias Taugwalder
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2011
                      2011/4/30 jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>

                      > Haha,
                      >
                      > isn't this Matthias in the second picture from Tom Mills?
                      > (Must be, as the assistant is using some decent climbing equipment
                      > to stabilize his camera on the pole, hehe.)
                      >
                      > The one from AP could have been an excellent, once-in-a-lifetime picture if
                      > it wasn't so badly framed and poorly presented. What a waste fom such a
                      > unique vantage point.
                      >
                      > Jürgen

                      You got me. Seems like you can't even go to a wedding without beeing
                      disturbed ;)

                      Fun aside: I was shooting exclusively for the collection magazine, see
                      http://www.the-collection-magazine.com/ . There will be an update available
                      about the wedding by today/tomorrow that includes two panoramas. I did also
                      one very close to the balcony in front of Buckingham Palace.

                      Matthias

                      --
                      Matthias Taugwalder
                      matthias.taugwalder@...

                    • jrgen_schrader
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2011
                        LOL, so next time you want to hide better use a mirror ball and especially avoid Dyneema loops and Karabiners ^^