Re: FPP advancing

  • enridp
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
      Hi trausti, it looks nice, but I had some problems in my first try with polygons:
      1) I couldn't find the way to delete the polygon
      2) I couldn't stop the auto rotation (so it's very difficult to draw polygons)
      3) When I reload the page many polygons stills there (and not all), it's something strange in Flash I think because it doesn't uses the cache from the browser.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "blueslander" <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > The programmer has also made the worlds first panorama dedicated player based on the experimental Molehill code release (?... at least as far as we know, no one else has made a player based on Molehill yet.) This one was made a couple of weeks ago, and Personally I can't wait for the final release of Flash 11, where the Molehill technology will be the driving force. The smoothness is absolutely amazing, and puts anything/everything else to shame in comparison (on capable computers). There are a few issues with it though, but it is only the first experimental API release by Adobe, so there are bound to be issues, that will hopefully be resolved before the first official release of Flash 11.
      >
      > Not everyone agrees with the path I chose to put FPP on, but I am convinced it is the right path, and much better than putting focus on trying to copy-cat things that other players have already... not saying that certain features will not be worked on as time and opportunities become available, but focus has been put on making things easier for new users who enter this field of photography and panorama creation. From the past 3+ years I know from experience that a LOT of non-English speakers are interested in making panoramas, but their options are extremely limited due to the fact that not high end panorama software has provided the option of having multiple languages as a natural option. That has now been provided, and my hope is that this will give many more people access to make high quality panoramas in the times ahead, along with easier way of doing things with complete interface for every little thing there is (Flashificator next generation - on top of this build).
      >
      > I have heard from people that they would like this or that feature that exists in other programs, and that they are not interested in any additional languages or golden handles on what they already know... their views are completely valid and I understand their views, but I am thinking beyond the needs/wishes of the existing clients, trying to meet the needs of new generations of panorama creators who may be non coders and/or non English speakers, who would not have had the same options without the new generation of FPP/FFC and other things coming.
      >
      > This was a long post, but hopefully it is considered to be "on topic" and relevant. The things you will see in the new editor have taken the past 10 months for my programmer to make, and more needs to be done, but this was the hard part.
      >
      > Please feel free to try out what there is now, ask questions about what the future holds, express your opinions and so on... either here... if accepted as being on topic and abiding the rules... or in the FPP or FFC forums... or anywhere else for that matter.

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
        Trausti,

        I think this is a good thing -- I really like the idea that the browser is the frame
        work for the IDE (Interactive Development Environment). But am unclear on a couple of things.

        1) Where is the best place to discuss this because I don't think PanoToolNG
        is the best place to discuss this?

        2) This is an editor for FPP. I see the XML editor. With that alone, one
        can make complete tours right? So FFC will provide a GUI interface to the
        XML so that one doesn't have to edit XML? I personally don't mind working
        at the XML level if all parameters and variables are thoroughly documented.

        Further thoughts on your work I will post in the appropriate forum.

        Ken

        .

        > I have heard from people that they would like this or that feature that exists in other programs, and that they are not interested in any additional languages or golden handles on what they already know... their views are completely valid and I understand their views, but I am thinking beyond the needs/wishes of the existing clients, trying to meet the needs of new generations of panorama creators who may be non coders and/or non English speakers, who would not have had the same options without the new generation of FPP/FFC and other things coming.
        >
        > This was a long post, but hopefully it is considered to be "on topic" and relevant. The things you will see in the new editor have taken the past 10 months for my programmer to make, and more needs to be done, but this was the hard part.
        >
        > Please feel free to try out what there is now, ask questions about what the future holds, express your opinions and so on... either here... if accepted as being on topic and abiding the rules... or in the FPP or FFC forums... or anywhere else for that matter.
        >
        > Thank you for your attention,
        >
        > Trausti Hraunfjörð

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
          Of course this is no support forum... and the best thing would be to such
          discussions to the FPP or FFC forums where all discussion is welcome.

          But to address enridp:
          1. drag & drop onto trashcan.
          2. click the autorotation button to stop/start
          See here: http://www.screenr.com/qxw

          Ken.
          As always, FPP has all the basics for doing what needs to be done... FFC
          will be built on this platform, and make it possible for anyone (non coders
          and coders alike) to create linked tours in seconds, with every available
          plugin. Functions as you know them from FFC already as recordable things,
          will continue to be a FFC only feature, along with most of the things that
          hugely save time for panorama creators. One will be able to build libraries
          of different functions over time, and use those (and fine tune) as needed
          later on, or share those for other users. There are many things planned,
          more than even I can find time to rant about.

          Trausti

          On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

          > Trausti,
          >
          > I think this is a good thing -- I really like the idea that the browser is
          > the frame
          > work for the IDE (Interactive Development Environment). But am unclear on a
          > couple of things.
          >
          > 1) Where is the best place to discuss this because I don't think PanoToolNG
          > is the best place to discuss this?
          >
          > 2) This is an editor for FPP. I see the XML editor. With that alone, one
          > can make complete tours right? So FFC will provide a GUI interface to the
          > XML so that one doesn't have to edit XML? I personally don't mind working
          > at the XML level if all parameters and variables are thoroughly documented.
          >
          > Further thoughts on your work I will post in the appropriate forum.
          >
          > Ken

        • Fernando Costa Pinto
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
            Dear Ken Warner ,

            Obviously this is the best place to discuss/learn this theme .Wich else
            could be better ?

            Fernando
            Salvador Bahia
            Brazil