Re: [PanoToolsNG] old technology in PTGui

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
      Thank you for your input Martin.

      A Kielcz

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      --- On Thu, 4/28/11, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:

      From: Keith Martin <keith@...>
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] old technology in PTGui
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 11:29 AM

      Sometime around 28/4/11 (at 07:04 -0700) A Kielcz said:

      >I'm still thinking which software to buy. Atopano or PTGUI.

      Both are good. No, both are *very* good. But they are rather different.

      In my experience, AutoPano does a great job with content that can be

      processed relatively hands-off. My personal finding was that if you

      need to go into it to do tweaking and optimising to improve the

      results it gets suddenly much more difficult. I had particular

      trouble with my shaved 10.5mm lens and a full-frame sensor, but some

      other tests worked more smoothly.

      PTGui on the other hand starts with the assumption that you are happy

      to take charge of things yourself, at least a little. It can take

      more work to get things working 'just so', but it is designed to give

      you access to the controls you need to achieve that. And once you've

      done this you can save presets to speed things up for future stitches.

      I prefer PTGui because it seems designed to let me tinker, experiment

      and improve my output. But that's me.