Re: funny (or not) thing

  • prague
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 8, 2011
      Hi Andrei,

      Of course you did a perfect "pano".

      But you're not selling a "pano". You are selling a good feeling to the client that they are getting a good value.

      That means, you make them happy that they are giving you money. They want to know that their hard-earned money goes towards someone else's hard work. Maybe that means that you do a bit of theater and make it look more complicated than it is. Then they think they are getting a bargain.

      Making sure that they know what they're getting, as jimbo mentioned - pointing out the car, the dirt on the floor, etc. If they didn't prepare the space then you shouldn't shoot (point that out before you get there so you don't wait for them, but you will anyway, they will do some tidying up no matter what)

      If your electricity breaks at home and the guy comes and fixes it in 90 seconds, and charges you 1000 euros, you will be pissed off. Same thing ;-) it's easy for him maybe after doing it for 20 years. but he wants you to not be angry when you pay him so maybe he pretends to work for an hour instead... (maybe this is a somewhat apt analogy, of course it is not perfect)

      If the pano is the same, but you spend 60 minutes there, and he is so impressed that he tells his friends how much of a hardworking super expert you are, then maybe you get some word of mouth advertising (the very best kind) for just a few minutes more of your time....

      those are my random thoughts on the matter.

      Jeffrey