Re: New App?

  • prague
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011

      > An interesting idea.
      >
      > It brings up the question of why are 360 videos solutions are stitched.
      >
      > Who really cares? Why not forget about the nodal point, and use better
      > cameras with a stitchless method.
      >
      > When someone pans to the edge of the frame, swap video.

      then you can't look straight up or down (without loading 4 video files which either won't work well or will be too intensive for the client computer). i would consider that a major drawback. 1-dimensional panning of a pano is, well, 1-dimensional. Even if there is a nadir hole, it is still nice to have the perspective of looking down (and up).

      for cylindrical pano videos, yes, this would be good.

      "where half of the video is
      crowd or wall." a crowd, for me, is usually a lot more interesting than a wall!! But i see what you're getting at. Sure, most things don't really need a 360video. Just like most movies don't need to be shot in 3D.