Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Stereo panoramas on Iphone4

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 4:31 PM
      On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:21:34 +0900, Wim Koornneef
      <wim.koornneef@...> wrote:

      > panovrx-2 wrote:
      >> .....http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id428087225#....
      > Hello Peter,
      >
      > The link dousn't work for me, perhaps the appstore is blocked for EU
      > visitors.
      >
      > It is a little OT but recently I converted some of my 3D panos to
      > HtmlCss3
      > for dispay on iPad with a disappointing result, lots of ghosting and
      > especially the ColorCode system is really suffering from this.
      > I contacted ColorCode3D and as it turns out the color gamut of the iPhone
      > and iPad is to small to display the colors properly, for ColorCode3D the
      > problem is that true blue is presented as a color between blue and cyan
      > and
      > this can't be corrected by shifting the hue in an image editor :-(
      >
      > Based on this I guess that the app of the link is using a different
      > system
      > then color filters, can you tell a bit more about it?

      That's disappointing, as I found the red/cyan anaglyph colours very
      deficient and was looking forward to using ColorCode3D to get better
      results.

      I'm surprised to learn about the iPad's limited colour gamut, as the
      visual impression of photographs shown on the screen is very good.

      I suppose it may be due to some trade-off for brightness...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com