palmela - car rental?

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
      hi,

      i'm going to palmela in june (hope to see lots of you there!)

      just wondering if anyone knows about car rental in portugal - if there is
      any good company, any companies to avoid, etc.

      should i rent a car at the airport?

      should i use this? http://lisbonairportcarhire.net/

      thanks to anyone who can advise!

      Jeffrey

    • António Cabral
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
        Hi Jeffrey

        Yes it is more comfortable if you rent the car in the airport, because you
        don't have any public transportation to Palmela.

        Only taxi.

        I never heard about Honk company.

        Of course portuguese people don't rent cars in Portugal.

        Normally in foreigner countries I prefer Hertz, but I use once Auto Europa
        and I didn't have problems.

        But perhaps Carlos Chegado have something to say about this matter.

        Regards,

        António Cabral

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
          Of course there is a very good transport to Palmela the very first private railway company in Portugal is offering an excellent service from Lisbon to Palmela every hour. And the organization of the conference is providing local transport between hotels, venues and the train stations of Palmela or Setubal

          more about Palmela 2011 HOW TO GET THERE
          http://www.palmela2011.com/palmela-castle-pousada-hotel/how-to-get-here/how-to-get-here

          here the train from Lisbon to Palmela http://www.360cities.net/image/lisbon-fertagus-railways-setubal

          outside of the train you see Antonio Cabral trapped in the daily traffic *** chaos of Lisbon and around

          *** actual traffic cams in Lisbon
          Willy

          On Apr 5, 2011, at 23:51, António Cabral wrote:

          > Hi Jeffrey
          >
          > Yes it is more comfortable if you rent the car in the airport, because you
          > don't have any public transportation to Palmela.
          >
          > Only taxi.
          >
          > I never heard about Honk company.
          >
          > Of course portuguese people don't rent cars in Portugal.
          >
          > Normally in foreigner countries I prefer Hertz, but I use once Auto Europa
          > and I didn't have problems.
          >
          > But perhaps Carlos Chegado have something to say about this matter.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > António Cabral

        • Carlos Chegado Lists
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
            Hi António and Jeffrey,

            Yes it is more comfortable if you rent the car in the airport, because you
            > don't have any public transportation to Palmela.

            Actually there is very good transportation from Lisbon to Palmela, the Fertagus
            train<http://www.fertagus.pt/default.aspx?cntx=tgMfvgR1LgPrm9mHd3GsSmKgoU4URmHLD%2FkWxdgJ3AU%3D>,
            check here for some info:

            http://www.palmela2011.com/info/palmela-castle-pousada-hotel/how-to-get-here

            But Jeff is coming with his family and that might be more comfortable for
            him and his family to just rent a car and go across the Vasco da Gama
            Bridge, in 30 minutes or so he will be in Palmela.

            Also, beware that we are providing FREE BUS transport between the 4 official
            hotels to and from the conference venue and other scheduled programs during
            the week long event.
            This way we can guarantee a free and convenient means of transportation for
            all Palmela 2011 attendees while the conference runs (this includes
            also separate bus rides to pick up the guests with the Social Program
            ticket), but again, if you want a little bit more freedom and maybe get to
            sneak a couple times to the beach, a rental car might come handy of course
            ;-)

            Major rental car companies operate in Lisbon
            airport<http://www.ana.pt/portal/page/portal/ANA/AEROPORTO_LISBOA_CNT/?AE_LS=84695727&actualmenu=84339862&cboui=84695727>,
            I recommend staying away from obscure rental car companies that aren't
            actually operating here officially, might turn out to be a ripoff.

            My best regards
            Os melhores cumprimentos

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Carlos Chegado

            Join us at the Palmela 2011 - International panoramic Photography
            Conference, June 1-5, 2011

            http://www.Palmela2011.com

            2011/4/5 António Cabral <ant.cabral@...>

            > Hi Jeffrey
            >
            > Yes it is more comfortable if you rent the car in the airport, because you
            > don't have any public transportation to Palmela.
            >
            > Only taxi.
            >
            > I never heard about Honk company.
            >
            > Of course portuguese people don't rent cars in Portugal.
            >
            > Normally in foreigner countries I prefer Hertz, but I use once Auto Europa
            > and I didn't have problems.
            >
            > But perhaps Carlos Chegado have something to say about this matter.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > António Cabral

          • António Cabral
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
              outside of the train you see Antonio Cabral trapped in the daily traffic ***
              chaos of Lisbon and around

              yes is true, LOL

              Enviada em: terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2011 23:08
              Para: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              Assunto: OT: Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] palmela - car rental?