Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
      Sometime around 2/4/11 (at 11:55 -0700) Christian Bloch said:

      >as far as I see it, these social networks are ONLY good for business
      >relations. Personal information, and staying in touch with REAL
      >friends - well, there is no shortcut to the personal time together.

      No, but I am in touch with a great many friends through Twitter,
      almost all of whom I would otherwise lose touch with because they're
      simply too far away - a different city, a different country, a
      different hemisphere. Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
      of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
      street, the park, the pub...

      I also use it to find and share information and developments in and
      around publishing (one of my main teaching areas), law, photography,
      web and app development, and other random things, and also to get in
      touch with people with similar interests. It ISN'T a replacement for
      any real-world form of communication. It is a NEW form of
      communication that sits comfortably and productively alongside other
      things. It is also fine for anyone to ignore it, of course. Nobody
      has to use it, and nobody should feel pressured into trying it if
      they don't want to.

      I'm @thatkeith on Twitter BTW, if anyone's interested. :-)

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!