Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
      Win,
      I do have a twitter account. With 2.300 followers right now

      Most of them, are PHOTOGRAPHERS that want to keep in touch with all the
      infos, news, that I tweet about and my photos that I keep feeding from my
      site.

      I got already around 10 new Clients that got to see my site coming from
      twitter indications
      AND, most interesting ... some of these Clients come from other
      photographers who follow me, and that they told their Clients that I was the
      "one" who could do what they need for their companies

      So, it is a social thing, where everyone is in touch, talking about similar
      interests ... mine is photography, so I get more professionals following me
      Also I found old friends and old Clients too

      It is a new way of being on the web

      best
      AYRTON

      On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>wrote:

      > Hello group,
      >
      > For me it is clear that Matt, as many others do, jumped on the social
      > marketing train to promote his business and from a marketeer perspective he
      > did a really smart move.
      >
      > Since recent my wife has a Twitter account and on a daily base she gets
      > emails that people are following here.
      > As it turns out over 90% ! of all new followers are businesses, when the
      > first message arrived for a very short moment I thought, are they really
      > interested in what she is doing ? are they wanted to show the world that
      > there business has a social face ? Why are they following here ?
      >
      > I can be naive from time to time but in this case I am not, for sure few of
      > them are socially involved but to me it seems that the majority of them are
      > just infiltrating the social networks for commercial purposes and this fact
      > alone feels like an abuse of a social network.
      > I dont like this and for me this is reason enough to never join Twitter or
      > any other social media network.
      >
      > If you have a Twitter or other social network account then I hope you are
      > happy with it, but when you are running a business then I hope you realize
      > that there are people like me who are not happy with your social network
      > marketing activities.
      >
      > @Matt, this is not a personal attack on you but this is how I feel in
      > general about the infiltration of businesses in social networks.
      >
      > Best, Wim
      >

      > Best,
      > Wim

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!