Re: [PanoToolsNG] Leveling of incomplete panoramas

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2011
      you can try my tutorial as well

      http://forum.360cities.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=370

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
        Am 02.04.2011 16:54, schrieb Mihai Stanescu:
        > The problem is that i tried to level the panorama using this tutorial (
        > http://www.johnhpanos.com/levtut.htm) but i cannot get it to align
        > corectly.

        You can also try to level it by hand:
        http://www.ptgui.com/man/straighten.html

        If you have horizon in the image it might be better to use horizontal
        control points. To understand horizontal and vertical control points read
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Horizontal_control_points
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Vertical_control_points
        and eventually:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Panotools_internals#Line_control_points

      • John Houghton
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Mihai Stanescu <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:
          > I've shot a handheld spherical panorama (using fisheye) but i did not
          > shoot zenith and nadir. It is ok, i accept the black spots. The
          > horizontal row of shots was taken with a -20 degrees pitch (i
          > intended to minimize the bottom black spot).
          >
          > The problem is that i tried to level the panorama using this tutorial
          > (http://www.johnhpanos.com/levtut.htm) but i cannot get it to align
          > corectly.

          This method is pretty foolproof. The only reason why it would fail is that you haven't assigned the vertical line control points correctly. There's a link to a video in the tutorial which should clarify this. Try levelling your stitched panorama.

          If you still cannot make it work, upload your project file somewhere so that we can check it.

          BTW, since you know the pitch of the images is -20, it will do no harm to manually insert these values on the Image Parameters tab (in Advanced mode). The panorama should then be aproximately level after re-optimizing.

          John