Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hello group,

      For me it is clear that Matt, as many others do, jumped on the social
      marketing train to promote his business and from a marketeer perspective he
      did a really smart move.

      Since recent my wife has a Twitter account and on a daily base she gets
      emails that people are following here.
      As it turns out over 90% ! of all new followers are businesses, when the
      first message arrived for a very short moment I thought, are they really
      interested in what she is doing ? are they wanted to show the world that
      there business has a social face ? Why are they following here ?

      I can be naive from time to time but in this case I am not, for sure few of
      them are socially involved but to me it seems that the majority of them are
      just infiltrating the social networks for commercial purposes and this fact
      alone feels like an abuse of a social network.
      I dont like this and for me this is reason enough to never join Twitter or
      any other social media network.

      If you have a Twitter or other social network account then I hope you are
      happy with it, but when you are running a business then I hope you realize
      that there are people like me who are not happy with your social network
      marketing activities.

      @Matt, this is not a personal attack on you but this is how I feel in
      general about the infiltration of businesses in social networks.

      Best, Wim

      Best,
      Wim

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!