In store Virtual Tour By IKEA ...

  • jann_lipka
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Streetview stepping inside .

      http://storeview.kampanj.ikea.se/

      Interesting new store " teaser" ..

      Roughly 1000 panoramic views .

      Mapjack technology .

      What to think about it - terrible stitching errors, blurry /pixelated view /limited FOV, flash only - or "good enough" , interface that customer is used to ?

      POtentially - could this be done cheaper / with better Quality/ easier to use by
      someone in this group ?

      In my opinion - You could live with fewer panos , but it would still be a lot of work , so probably it is difficult to compete with a company like Mapjack ...
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
        i would even reduce the quality for speeds sake and crop the vFOV by some degree to eliminate the
        stitching errors.
        by far to much panos - who would klick though all of them ??
        a couple (10-20) would be still plenty, but you could provide 2 quality levels the user could
        select.
        also do i mislike the website design - the map is to big for my opinion.
        that is a matter of preference and such a huge project needs some kind of an overview.

        but it´s great to see, that "one-shots" are no guarantee for perfect stitching.

        ciao
        mike

        Mit freundlichen Grüssen
        Virtugraf M. Hundrieser

        http://www.virtugraf.de <http://www.virtugraf.de/>
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de <http://www.360de.de/>

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de <http://www.abstraktfoto.de/>
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com <http://virtugraf.wordpress.com/>

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2011
          >>> Potentially - could this be done cheaper / with better Quality/ >>> easier to use by someone in this group ?

          Honestly, I think the world doesn't need that. And even if one makes a buck with it, it wouldn't make me want to spend a single thought on how I could compete.

          Relaxed
          Jürgen

          :)