Re: RES: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 1, 2011
      On 04/02/2011, at 8:10 AM, António Cabral wrote:
      > The question is, this is not a forum about marketing, sales, or ethic, it's
      > about panoramic photography.

      With respect António, our User Guidelines states:

      "We are here to discuss PanoTools, panoramic imaging, and techniques, technologies, and other developments that directly feed into these subjects."
      User Guidelines: http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines

      Marketing opportunities and techniques directly related to panoramic imaging or hardware are in scope. As are announcements of panoramic competitions, or exhibitions, or conferences, cameras and associated hardware, copyright issues etc. As long as these related issues do not overwhelm the list, they will continue to be watched and tolerated. There may be useful opportunities or lessons to be learned that would benefit many members of our community.

      Kind regards,
      KathyW,
      Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG
    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!