Re: Unethical advertising incentives?

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 1, 2011
      I take it there are people here who never buy items online.
      I get emails like this from many of them like B&H photo, Adorama, Amazon.com and eBay.

      Dear Valued B&H Customer,
      We would like to invite you to submit a review for the product(s) you recently purchased. Product reviews are a great way to share your opinions and are a great benefit to other customers.

      Customers who submit a review will be entered into a monthly drawing for a $250 B&H Gift Card. In addition, Power Reviews, our ratings and reviews software provider, will also enter you into their drawing for a chance to win $1000! See below for details.
      Please click on the link(s) below to write your review.
      DC-5 v2 SPORT HOUSING f/CANO 5D MRK II
      LP-3 LENS PORT 8
      PORT COVER f/LP-3
      COVER f/SPORT HOUSING

      Thanks again for choosing B&H! We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again in the near future.

      For service inquiries, please call 800.221.5743 or 212.239.7765
      customerservice@...

      Need I say more!
    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!