Pano-aware image editing

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 12:40 PM
      Just stumbled over this interesting paper, describing a cool approach to make image filters work with panoramas. I'm rallying makers of HDR tools for years to make their tonemapper work seamlessly, and it always comes out as a real head scratcher... This looks like a great framework:

      http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/hoppe/proj/metricaware/

      Cheers,
      Blochi
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
        On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 04:40:01 +0900, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...>
        wrote:

        > Just stumbled over this interesting paper, describing a cool approach to
        > make image filters work with panoramas. I'm rallying makers of HDR tools
        > for years to make their tonemapper work seamlessly, and it always comes
        > out as a real head scratcher... This looks like a great framework:
        >
        > http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/hoppe/proj/metricaware/

        Fascinating, Blochi! Looks like a promising approach. I will forward this
        to the guy who makes the tone-mapper I prefer to use, as I often have
        problems with it leaving visible seams.

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com