Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Unethical advertising incentives?

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 31, 2011
      Classic, although it's quite flattering to be grouped amongst Apple and Nikon.

      If we could afford to advertise at the Superbowl I can assure you I wouldn't be on Facebook.

      No, Apple just charge you £200 for AppleCare, if you want to pay for your extended warranty please feel free to send the money to paypal@...

      Plus were not asking anyone to do any viral marketing for us. Like i said previously, were just trying to build a more active/vibrant community around our products. If you don't want to be apart of it then thats your decision.

      Matt

      On 31 Mar 2011, at 20:16, "belmeloro" <stefan.geens@...> wrote:

      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > If I look at all the gear in my pano workflow -- pro Nikon DSLRs, Apple Computer, Manfrotto... these all fit into the category of premium manufacturers with top notch reputations, into which I would like to place 360Precision, because the gear really is that good.
      >
      > But these other manufacturers don't do two things:
      >
      > 1. They don't provide financial incentives for endorsements from customers, for example by offering an extended warranty in return for viral marketing. I think it's because they feel it cheapens their brand, and I'd agree with them.
      >
      > 2. They never, ever, insult a customer when receiving well-mannered criticism in a public forum. When I've had issues in the past both with Apple and Nikon on their forums, it is either made right, ignored, or they give a negative answer politely stated. That is because the customer is always right.
      >
      > Finally, I'm not sure in which sense your mass-marketing email sent out to all your customers can be considered as a private communication. Or did you type that out to me specifically? In which case I apologize.
      >
      > Stefan

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!