Re: Unethical advertising incentives?

  • belmeloro
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 31, 2011
      Hi Matt,

      If I look at all the gear in my pano workflow -- pro Nikon DSLRs, Apple Computer, Manfrotto... these all fit into the category of premium manufacturers with top notch reputations, into which I would like to place 360Precision, because the gear really is that good.

      But these other manufacturers don't do two things:

      1. They don't provide financial incentives for endorsements from customers, for example by offering an extended warranty in return for viral marketing. I think it's because they feel it cheapens their brand, and I'd agree with them.

      2. They never, ever, insult a customer when receiving well-mannered criticism in a public forum. When I've had issues in the past both with Apple and Nikon on their forums, it is either made right, ignored, or they give a negative answer politely stated. That is because the customer is always right.

      Finally, I'm not sure in which sense your mass-marketing email sent out to all your customers can be considered as a private communication. Or did you type that out to me specifically? In which case I apologize.

      Stefan
    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!