Re: [PanoToolsNG] Unethical advertising incentives?

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 31 11:46 AM
      On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Rick Drew <rick@...> wrote:

      > Actually I think it's pretty creative.

      Me too !!! cool idea

      > If you do a blog review, etc. just
      > mention that you'll also be receiving a warranty extension. Many states
      > also
      > require this by law = if you are given compensation for a review you must
      > disclose it.

      for sure

      > Social networking is the future

      Sorry Rick ... it is the "Present" already ! :-)

      > - and no, Facebook and Twitter
      > will NOT cancel your account.

      Of course not

      > If that were the case, Coke, Pepsi, and many
      > many others would be gone. They use Facebook and Twiter as part of their
      > marketing campaings.

      a LOT of companies PAY for getting tweets from celebrities, and this is
      normal practice everywhere
      Nothign wrong with that.
      WIRED magazine, did a interview with a brazilian guy, Rafinha Bastos, that
      is considered the "King of Twitter" wordlwide
      He CHARGES US$ 4.000,00 for one tweet if a Company wants him to tweet about
      something, and he has 1.900.000 followers

      <http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/03/rafinha-bastos/>

      Also, one of the biggest celular telephone company in Brazil, called Claro
      (clear) pays US$ 150.000,00 a MONTH to Ronaldo, the soccer player, just to
      have their brand name on his twitter perfil. He has almost 1.500.000
      followers.
      You can check that here :

      <http://twitter.com/ClaroRonaldo>

      Best
      AYRTON

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!