RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Unethical advertising incentives?

  • Yazan Sboul
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 31, 2011
      I have to add that I can't say for sure how much the service has improved recently. And I feel bad that I'm just guessing it hasn't -especially since there have been a lot of changes to the site recently and I do intend to make a purchase at some point. So I hope the previous points didn't sound too negative, because my central point is that the product is well priced very good (IMHO). They don't need to push it on the market, they just need to keep up an excellent level of customer service. And I really don't see why they can't have a sales line :)

> [...]
      > This would be awesome as a bonus to an existing high level of service. Its almost annoying when you see them putting all this effort into promotions and yet they are still neglecting to send the product to you on time or even give you a phone number to call when you want to make an order! I just think the effort is being channeled in the wrong direction.
      > I'm not sure that I'd call in unethical, but I have to admit I hate it when a company (camera manufacturers do it all the time) tries to sell me more warranty as if the camera "Knows" I've paid more and lasts longer as a direct result. If its insurance call it insurance and be done with it!
      > Here is what it says on the contact page:
      > This phone number is not a sales and support line and will only be answered to existing supplier/reseller numbers. If you have a sales or support query please use the links above.Telephone: +44 1869 34 7272
      > I mean - where ever have you seen such a thing, If I'm making an order from a website and there is no sales line I do understand that they are cutting cost. but I do need a head office number or customer services no at some point. The idea that there is a number but it simple will not be answered is just on a completely new level. I wish more effort would be directed to customer support and reliable service. I actually just recommend the atom to a friend today (I didn't need any bribes I know its a great piece of kit) but I did add - if you want to be sure to get it soon and without any hassle get a nodal ninja.
      > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > From: image360@...
      > Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:55:09 +0000
      > Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Unethical advertising incentives?

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "belmeloro" <stefan.geens@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Is it just me, or did this email from 360Precision to owners of their products which I got today raise ethical issues?
      >

      > What....? You've got to be kidding.
      >

      > > I happen to be happy with my 360Precision gear, but I don't use Facebook or Twitter to promote companies in return for favors, nor do I "sell" space on my blogs for promotional content.
      >

      > Facebook and Twitter are ALL about business, promotion content on Blogs - when it comes down to it, the majority of Blogs are about business and promotion.
      >

      > > Another issue: Will it be clear to readers of a testimonial or blog review that what they are reading was written in return for material gain, essentially a paid promotion?
      >

      > This is up to the author, not 360Precision.
      >

      > >Hence, it's unethical in my book.
      >

      > I just don't see anything wrong with this, I for one think Matt is making pretty smart use of modern social media to promote his products. If you have a issue with it, just don't write anything or promote it. I think your view of this is somewhat naive in this age of social marketing.

    • Keith Martin
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
        I said:

        >Twitter provides a casual, face-to-face-level
        >of communication that's like chatting as you pass in a hall, the
        >street, the park, the pub...

        I meant a face-to-face-LIKE level of communication. Doh!