Re: Canon 8-15mm

  • joergengeerds
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2011

      > Here is a bit of a hands-on review with a prototype.
      > http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2010/09/hands-canon-ef-8-15mm-f4l-usm-fisheye
      > which notes that it has a "zoom limiter" for use on APS format cameras so you dont get dark corners past 10mm on a 7D say. This would be handy if you wanted a fixed 10mm setting on fullframe too.

      The prerelease model I've seen last year did had any limiter, or at least I hadn't seen it.
      here are 3 quick samples at 15, 12 and 8mm:
      http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=36231662
      it does show vignetting at 12mm on a FF body (as expected)

      joergen
      http://newyorkpanorama.com
    • Yazan Sboul
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2011
        Hi,Apologies for posting in this thread, I forgot how to log into the forum, and I'm posting form my email.
        Does anyone have the correct nodal point for a Nikkon D3, 16mm fishey lens, using an NN5?
        For some reason its missing from the settings page on the nodal ninja website. And I have a shoot in the morning, I haven't used the D3 before with this lens and I just realised I dont know how to!
        Many thanks
        Y.S
        To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        From: joergengeerds@...