Re: A video of my stereo monopod setup

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 2:55 AM
      http://www.mediavr.com/gardenanim1.htm

      here (warning .. wiggle 360 animation) shows you how much parallax you get from 2 5Ds as close as they will go (base to base, vertical) -- which is a little more than eye separation.

      I got more accurate, more automatic, stitching using this freestanding monopod setup than previously where I used a bubble and held the monopod directly. So when cameras can do bursts of 50 shots in RAW at 4fps we will be set. 5DMKIIs can do unlimited synced L jpgs at 4fps but the quality suffers severely of course for panos - with dynamic range etc. I am thinking I will try multiple rotations -- once for foreground action and another shorter exposure rotation for the upper parts of the scene. All of the action in street 360s is often in the bottom two thirds of the scene so blending the two 360s might be feasible -- even in stereo.

      PeterM