PTGui Gyro enabled output

  • Carlos Chegado Lists
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2011
      Seems that Joost from PTGui managed to crack 99% of the code to bring iPad2
      gyro action to the web.

      I managed to buy an iPad2 today, and of course could only lay my hands on it
      after my kids went to bed, I anticipate a big problem in the house already
      to manage who gets to use it!

      But when I could, I fired this URL from Willy:
      http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/Gravis/Gravis-Bremen-2011-1/

      This was the result:
      http://photos.carloschegado.com/Photography/iPad2-Web-Pano-Giro-Test/16342730_oDF5v#1228542743_myjQv

      I did notice a couple glitches, don't know yet what causes them, first time
      it loads seems to freeze Safari, reloading it solves the problem. Jumping
      from normal window to full screen is not yet perfect too, the browsers seems
      to freeze for a couple seconds and got me confused there!

      Other than that, navigating the image is very smooth and waving the iPad2
      around does make the image go around.

      One thing I really like is not having to click buttons to change from Gyro
      to Swiping modes, it is all natural, just do what you feel.

      Hans, call me crazy all you want, I actually enjoy waving the thing around
      ;-)))

      My best regards
      Os melhores cumprimentos

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Carlos Chegado

      Join us at the Palmela 2011 - International panoramic Photography
      Conference, June 1-5, 2011

      http://www.Palmela2011.com

    • Aldo Hoeben
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 26, 2011
        I'm curious to know if my krpano gyro script works for the ipad2 as well, eg here:
        http://fieldofview.com/panoramas/sziget-2009-radio-barkas
        (script available here: https://github.com/fieldOfView/krpano_gyro)

        Come to think of it, there might be an issue if you have the ipad in upsidedown (ie: portrait with the home button on top instead of the bottom). That is an orientation Safari on the iphone doesn't support, but on the ipad(1) it does.
      • Carlos Chegado Lists
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 26, 2011
          Hi Aldo,

          I'm curious to know if my krpano gyro script works for the ipad2 as well, eg
          > here:
          > http://fieldofview.com/panoramas/sziget-2009-radio-barkas
          > (script available here: https://github.com/fieldOfView/krpano_gyro)

          Works perfectly, right on the first load, I just did not find a way to go
          full screen with it!
          Compared to Willy's test, your pano is more nervous when using the gyro to
          rotate the image, i.e., shaking a little bit, while Willy pans very
          smoothly, swiping is perfect though.

          > Come to think of it, there might be an issue if you have the ipad in
          > upsidedown (ie: portrait with the home button on top instead of the bottom).
          > That is an orientation Safari on the iphone doesn't support, but on the
          > ipad(1) it does.

          Actually it works on any orientation, even upsidedown ;-)

          My best regards
          Os melhores cumprimentos

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Aldo Hoeben <aldo@...> wrote:

          > I'm curious to know if my krpano gyro script works for the ipad2 as well,
          > eg here:
          > http://fieldofview.com/panoramas/sziget-2009-radio-barkas
          > (script available here: https://github.com/fieldOfView/krpano_gyro)
          >
          > Come to think of it, there might be an issue if you have the ipad in
          > upsidedown (ie: portrait with the home button on top instead of the bottom).
          > That is an orientation Safari on the iphone doesn't support, but on the
          > ipad(1) it does.

        • Christian Bloch
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 27, 2011
            Damn, that is awesome!

            Now I would just want to have the video stream from the camera please, with a greenscreen key laid on top. And of a record button. Imagine that!

            .Blochi

            On Mar 25, 2011, at 6:30 PM, Carlos Chegado Lists wrote:

            > This was the result:
            > http://photos.carloschegado.com/Photography/iPad2-Web-Pano-Giro-Test/16342730_oDF5v#1228542743_myjQv

          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 27, 2011
              Seems nice. Does Ipad2 support flash now? If it does please send me one ;) - I
              live in a such "a remote country" that Ipad 1 come here officialy a couple of
              weeks ago but without flash and not grown up HTML5 it didn't convince me.

              Bostjan

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 27, 2011
                Thanks for the feedback. Could you try one more thing for me?

                With the ipad in upside-down portrait orientation, please look down at the nadir and up at the zenith. I think that just before you reach the zenith (or the nadir, or both), the scene will suddenly pan 180 degrees. I can easily fix it once I know if and where (zenith and/or nadir) it happens.

                I'll add a dampening function to the script too, thanks for the hint.

                As for the fullscreen function... I like how you have panorama + website in portrait mode, and (almost) fullscreen in landscape. But perhaps that is a bit too "undiscoverable"... I have not checked if krpanojs has a native fullscreen mode yet, otherwise I'll have to make that.

                'do
              • Keith Martin
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 27, 2011
                  Sometime around 27/3/11 (at 01:14 -0700) Bostjan Burger said:

                  >Does Ipad2 support flash now? If it does please send me one ;)

                  Heh. Nope, and I recommend you stop holding your breath. :-)
                  I am fond of reminding people to "never say never", but... no, it'll
                  never happen.

                • Bostjan Burger
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 27, 2011
                    I am not holding my breath... acctualy I bought a "state of the art" ( ;) ) last
                    Friday, that is MacBook Air... it was not for me but for my wifes birthday.
                    Quite portable (heh...) toy and now if wish something like that in a iPad x(y).
                    Now my wife is with 2:0 against me with Macs (lol).

                    Bostjan

                    ________________________________
                    Sometime around 27/3/11 (at 01:14 -0700) Bostjan Burger said:

                    >Does Ipad2 support flash now? If it does please send me one ;)

                    Heh. Nope, and I recommend you stop holding your breath. :-)
                    I am fond of reminding people to "never say never", but... no, it'll
                    never happen.

                    __.

                  • Aldo Hoeben
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 28, 2011
                      I have added a dampening function so the view isn't as twitchy, and I think I have fixed the upside-down-portrait-orientation issue:

                      http://fieldofview.com/45