Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Is There Market Demand For An iOS Panorama Player API?

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2011
      On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 01:28:18 +0900, dduuggllaa <douglass.turner@...>
      wrote:

      >> Doug, you might want to build your app around the very popular Dropbox
      >> app, which already provides the synching functions. They list lots of
      >> apps that use it. I do, and would be one of the first customers for
      >> what you are Aldo are discussing.
      >>
      >> Roger W.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
      >>

      > You read my mind Roger ;-) That is exactly what I intend to do. One
      > issue I want to bring up is panorama format and file size. At least in
      > the initial version I will support only cubic format - left/right,
      > top/bottom, front/back - with a maximum cubic face size of ~1900 px.
      > Currently on iOS the maximum GL texture size is 2048x2048 so we don't
      > have a lot of GL texture memory to play with. I assume this is a
      > non-issue since everyone has a copy of CubicConverter and
      > Imagemagick/Photoshop on their PC/Mac to prep the files.

      Oh dear. That puts a whole extra step in the preparation process for
      me. I would far prefer just to use the 360x180 rectilinear JPEG files.
      Is that so much more difficult? Of the programs you mention, I only
      have PhotoShop, and have never come across a cubic format converter in it.
      (But then, what do I know?)

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com