Re: [PanoToolsNG] Photo display

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
      Am 09.03.2011 20:36, schrieb Richard:
      > I just shot a portrait pano.
      > I downloaded the photos onto my mac.
      > Half of them are portrait and the others are landscape.
      > This seems to happen a lot.
      > Is there a reason for this?

      Probably. Orientation sensors in cameras are not reliable. Switch
      orientation sensor Off if you shoot for panoramas.

      For Canon cameras don't use any RAW import which uses dcraw directly
      (like f.e. PTGui RAW import, RAWtherapee or UFraw). dcraw since version
      9.0.5 doesn't use the EXIF Orientation flag but the maker notes
      CameraOrientation, which can't be shut off.