Depth of view and a lightfall

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      I am still playing with the gigapixels VRPs of interiors. This time I tried the
      interior of a dark church with the bright windows and a "light fall" from the
      top (example: http://www.burger.si/Plecnik/Ljubljana_SvFrancisek/vrp.html). The
      fresques in the corners were dark and not clearly visible if were observed
      insitu –actually only dark corners if looking from the centre of the dome. That
      is why I used the HDR method with the long exposures (-10s, 20s, +30 s) . With
      previous tries of interiors I found out that the problem is depth of view and
      focusing (example of the small church:
      http://www.burger.si/Domzale/Krtina/01.html, F5.7). I solved the focusing with
      the help of the laser but the depth of view remained. I set the aperture to F16
      (Canon 50 mm 1.4) but now had appeared another problem with the light from the
      windows which is quite annoying. Any ideas how to avoid that »light curtain«? (I
      want to use only natural light as flashes or light painting are not allowed). It
      is also a gigapix panorama so every retushing is very time consumig.

      :) Bostjan