Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

  • Eduardo Hutter
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
      Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

      This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

      Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

      <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>
      Member Price:*$380*
      Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

      <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>
      Member Price:*$405*

      On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.
      >
      > A Kielcz

    • A Kielcz
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
        I guess I'll wait for a new DSLR release from Nikon.
        Can't buy Leica M9

        A Kielcz

        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

        This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

        Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

        <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>

        Member Price:*$380*

        Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

        <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>

        Member Price:*$405*

        On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

        > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

        > A Kielcz

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
          On 3-3-2011 4:58 AM, Thomas Krüger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
          and typed ...:
          > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
          > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
          > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
          >
          > Looks too cheap to be true...

          Remember: if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. Scams and
          swindlers rely on people setting aside all of the red flags that go up
          in their mind because they just have-to-have that thing and will do
          anything to get it. Don't be fooled.

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large

        • Stephani Hill
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
            And if it is a fake, you have no warranty.

            Stephani
          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
              On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:58:36 +0900, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...>
              wrote:

              > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
              > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
              > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
              >
              > Looks too cheap to be true...

              Alas, when things look too cheap to be true, they usually are.

              Has anyone successfully bought from this site?

              Roger W.

              --
              Work: www.adex-japan.com
            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                wrote:

                > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                > http://tbseller.com/payment.php

                Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.

                Roger W.

                --
                Work: www.adex-japan.com
              • wilster
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                  Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                  http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                  I wouldn't trust them.
                  Will
                  On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Roger D. Williams wrote:

                  > On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                  > > http://tbseller.com/payment.php
                  >
                  > Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.
                  >
                  > Roger W.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                • Roger D. Williams
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                    On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...> wrote:

                    > Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                    > looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                    > reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                    > http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                    > I wouldn't trust them.
                    > Will

                    The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                    which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                    use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that
                    operation?

                    Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                    remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                    largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                    some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                    then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                    impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                    from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                    work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                    would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                    Caveat emptor!

                    Roger W.

                    --
                    Work: www.adex-japan.com
                  • Roger D. Williams
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                      Sorry, I see that this post was ambiguous and possibly misleading.

                      On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:35:46 +0900, Roger D. Williams
                      <roger@...> wrote:

                      > On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      >> Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                      >> looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                      >> reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                      >> http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                      >> I wouldn't trust them.
                      >> Will
                      >
                      > The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                      > which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                      > use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that

                      The first "this" refers to the entire Alibaba site. The second
                      "this" refers to the improbable bargain site.

                      > operation?
                      >
                      > Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                      > remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                      > largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                      > some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                      > then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                      > impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                      > from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                      > work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                      > would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                      Sorry!

                      --
                      Work: www.adex-japan.com
                    • Thomas Krüger
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                        Ahh, this is even better. After my first posting about tbseller.com through
                        Nabble on PanoToolsNG there is comment spam pending on this thread at Nabble
                        from 3 new users, Walker056, Amos Perry and yesfokony.

                        yesfokony writes: "I have buy TBseller.com DELL XPS M1210 LAPTOP
                        already shipping to me
                        I now use it
                        very good
                        I intend to buy the camera again"

                        And the tbseller offer "Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR Camera 24-105 IS 16GB 15PC
                        Kit" for 480 US$ is definitive a fraud. They even give you 2 8Gb CF cards
                        with this kit...
                        http://tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=145

                        So HANDS OFF !!!!!!!